Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

provisioning ext extension - Grandstream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by farsight, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farsight

Folks,

In looking over the provisioning file for Grandstream GXP-2000, I see a variable "%%pbx_ip%%", which not surprisingly, is the internal IP for the PBX. What I need is the variable for the external IP. What is it?

It appears there are three places where this is used: P237, P48 and P331. If I replace this one variable and save it as Grandstream GXP-2000E then I should be able to provision my external phones.

Yes? No?

Thanks!

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

You have to add a string at the end of template file with your settings. Search for section like "User Custom settings" and add you line here. The last value will win, i.e. , if at the start of the file p237 = 192.168.1.1 and at the end of the file p237 = 192.168.1.2, the phone will receive the last address 192.168.1.2

3. farsight

Under custom parameters, I found two entries that are set to the ext IP. They are: MSEXTERNALADDRESS and CMEXTERNALADDRESS.

I'll give one a try and report back.

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Simply use your actual ext IP - not funny variables :)

5. farsight

Nope - does work. The custom variable do not work in the provisioning templates.

Specifically:

An exception occurred EditExtension Error: Unknow variable '%%MSEXTERNALADDRESS%%' in template.

6. farsight

We just took the %%pbx_ip%% out and replaced it with our public IP address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.