• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning Grandstream phones causes router to lock up

Status
Not open for further replies.

birmingham

Reaction score
We consistently have an issue when provisioning phones, on the local network, using 3CX Phone System Management Console v11.0.28976.849. It also occurs when a phone is powered off/on, which similarly causes the phone to boot and contact the 3CX server to provision itself.

The problem is that provisioning phones instantly causes router lockup, which in turn results in internet outage and downtime for the phone system until we do a hard reset on the Draytek router. The phones are Grandstream GXP2110 (initially with firmware 1.0.5.15 and now with 1.0.5.24) and the router is Draytek Vigor 2920n with latest firmware 3.6.3.

I realize that the likely culprit is the phone itself doing something weird, but I can't be the only one using 3CX software to provision a phone while using a Draytek router. So, hopefully someone here will know how to find a solution.

@birmingham

When the phone boots up, it sends a MULTICAST request on the LAN - it *might* be this that causes the router to vomit.

However, you should involve the router vendor's support on the matter.

Add to the list of devices disliking the broadcast the Edgewater/Edgemark devices too.

Grandstream support suggested to log into the web GUI of the phone, and under Network -> Advanced Settings for the option Enable LLDP, check "Disabled". Tried it, but rebooting the phone even via the phone's web interface locked up the Draytek router again.

Hi,

Have you enable bandwidth limits, or limit the number of active connections for users?
Please disable this.

The latest firmware release is v3.6.4 (2013/06/05) which contain a lot of corrections (system crash) and improvements over the previous firmware release 3.6.3.
Maybe it helps.

complex1 said:
Hi,

Have you enable bandwidth limits, or limit the number of active connections for users?
Please disable this.

The latest firmware release is v3.6.4 (2013/06/05) which contain a lot of corrections (system crash) and improvements over the previous firmware release 3.6.3.
Maybe it helps.

I had a dog and his name was...BINGO! The new firmware (looks like it was released just 9 days ago, or I might have noticed it) fixed the issue.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.