provisioning issues with grandstream 1782

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by richo81, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hopefully this is just a rookie error and something simple. As the title says i'm having issues provisioning a grandstream phone. This setup is in a test enviroment with 1 handset and a couple of web clients. All works fine except when provisioning the handset. I can register the phone with the 3cx pbx but the phone itself doesnt appear to register the extension. Does anything specific need to be done on the phone to register the extension? I've followed both guides to provision the phone on the 3cx website but to no avail. Once the phone is manually provisioned it appears in 3cx but doesnt seem to have the extension registered, even though it is registered against the correct extension.

    Any ideas?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. mariosM_3CX

    mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2017
    Messages:
    406
    Likes Received:
    38
  3. apostolis_3CX

    apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2017
    Messages:
    149
    Likes Received:
    15
  4. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for that. Updating the firmware was the first thing i did but it didn't seem to take. Have done that now and can confirm on 1.0.1.56. I've now factory reset and tried to set it up again. I've removed it from 3cx phones and re-added to an ext.
    Plug and play into the LAN doesn't appear to work. The phone doesn't automatically appear in 3cx via the mac address. Provisioning via the webportal doesn't appear to work either. If i put in the 3cx config server path with credentials previously this would get the phone to appear in the 3cx under phones. Now it wont even do that.
     
  5. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    i should mention the 3cx and phones are on a separate vlan. I have added the handset to the correct vlan and it now appears in 3cx but still not assigned to the extension
     

    Attached Files:

  6. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    6,016
    Likes Received:
    421
    Have you selected the phone and clicked on the "Assign Ext" and it didn't work?
     
  7. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    correct. Doesn’t work
     
  8. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Have created new extensions, removed the phone re-added, re-assigned etc. Damn thing.
     
  9. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    6,016
    Likes Received:
    421
    Do you have other phones on the same PBX that are able to provision or is this the only phone?
     
  10. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is the only physical handset I have.

    I have tested software phone, iPhone app etc all work fine
     
  11. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    6,016
    Likes Received:
    421
    Try manually requesting the configuration file of the phone from the server after assigning the phone to an extension. Copy the provisioning link into a browser and then add the mac address of the and .xml
    For example : http://<Server_IP>:5000/provisioning/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/cfg<MAC_Addr>.xml
    So, assign the phone to an extension and press OK. Wait a couple of minutes for the phone to react.
    If nothing happens then try download the config file manually.
    If that works then it means the server is correctly responding to request and the phone is not requesting the file. In that scenario you may need to run a wireshark capture to see why this is failing.
     
  12. richo81

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2018
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    So the macaddr.xml file exists and has the extension in there. Phone just doesnt seem to accept it. I have configured the phone manually which is working. This is fine for now.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.