Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Line Keys for Some Users Only

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

3CX v12.0.35528.640 SP.5
    Cisco SPA514g phones with FW 7.5.5

We have about 30 users in our office, and about 7 or so need an extra extension on their phones. I manually edited the settings on these phones web interfaces. The problem I've been having is that every morning when I come in, the line keys have all reset to 1.

I found this topic (http://www.3cx.com/forums/cisco-spa504g-will-not-provision-line-key-29152.html) about provisioning different line keys. That looks like what I want to do to get the separate extension to work permanently.

My question is, is it possible to use this on just a few phones?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you would best have a second template for these phones.
    -If it is the same extension for each one, then 1 template will suffice. Then select this template under the extension configuration in 3cx.
    -If it is a different extension for each one, then each phone will need a template.Then select this template under the extension configuration in 3cx.
    -The easier method would be to remove the MAC Address from the Extension and change the template line to blank... then they should not autoprovision.

(I have no experience with Cisco phones... Can you tell them to not auto provision in the web interface somewhere?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

When I create a new template, I need to copy Identity 1 and create Identity 4 for the 4th key right? Do I need to create Identity 2 and 3 as well?

Also, underneath "SIP Settings for Identity 1" is "Audio Codec Settings for Identity 1" and "Network Location Setting for Identity 1". Do I need to copy those and create them for Id 4 as well?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do not have any experience with Cisco... but I would copy all of the items in the profile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I turned off auto-provisioning on the specific phones, and set the 4th line key manually, which seems to be an okay workaround.

Is there anything I should keep in mind with these phones not auto-provisioning? Any problems I might run into, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.