• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning not working - Snom 760 sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

computatech

Reaction score
I wanted to check if there is something different about provisioning snom phones because I've got a snom 760 which doesn't' provision via SBC however yealink 41, 42, 46 and Fanvil X3S provision without any issues. The Snom 760 is on the latest firmware and been factory reset etc I must be missing a trick?

i'm using latest 15.5 SP2 the SBC is on Raspberry PI

Hello @computatech

When you factory reset the Snom phone does it appear as new in the management console under the Phones tab?

Yes the Snom 760 can be seen under phones in console however doesn't provision the same as Yealinks or Fanvil phones.

when the phones restarts do you get any prompts on the phones screen or does it end up in the language screen (if i remember correctly)?
When you assign it to an extension does the phone react? Does it restart or the screen comes on?

1. After a factory rest of Snom 760 you see the language menu
2. The phone is visible in consoles in phones section
3. when you assign an extension, nothing happens, no reboots....
4. In the past when i have got it working I had to goto webpage and then certificates and then activated TLS Server Authentication.

TLS Server Authentication
warning.gif
By default, snom phones do not authenticate server identities in secure connections (TLS). Those connections are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. You may enable the feature, but be aware that due to security concerns, you can only disable the feature with a factory reset. Please refer to the snom WIKI for more information.

However this time around nothing even when TLS is enabled.

I am using snom760 with firmware:8.9.3.66

I have just tried provisioning a Snom 760 through a Raspberry PI SBC and it provisioned without issues and i am running the same firmware as you. Not sure what might be wrong in your scenario. Have you tried manually adding the provisioning link into the phones web interface to see if that works? That should tell us if the phone can reach the server and download the file properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.