• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning older AASTRA phones like 480i, 850i, 450i, 350i, 9133i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre Couture

Reaction score
HI All,

I know these phones are old but we have a whole bunch of them and would like to be able to reprovision at least few of them.

I noticed that some of you have managed to get some of those relic phones to work, but provisioning them from the internal lan.

We are using the hosted pbxexpress and therefore cannot connect our phones directly on the same lan.

Can someone give me a step by step on those (any/all) phones to provision them remotely?

That would be really appreciated.

Hello @Andre Couture

Please note that the only phones you can provision are the ones mentioned in our supported IP phones guides: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
Since there are templates included in the PBX for these models then they can be provisioned. That does not mean that other SIP devices cannot be registered to the system but you will need to adjust all the settings manually on the phones and no changes can be done through the management console. I would recommend using supported devices that can be provisioned through the management console and maintained with minimal effort.

Hello @Andre Couture

Please note that the only phones you can provision are the ones mentioned in our supported IP phones guides: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
Since there are templates included in the PBX for these models then they can be provisioned. That does not mean that other SIP devices cannot be registered to the system but you will need to adjust all the settings manually on the phones and no changes can be done through the management console. I would recommend using supported devices that can be provisioned through the management console and maintained with minimal effort.

I understand, but since we already have some of these phones in hand, I was hoping to salvage them and re-use them instead of sending them to the garbage collector for more pollution ;)

Hopefully, someone in the community can help me!

How many phones are you talking about here and are they all located at one site or spread-out?

Aastra phones don't work over the SBC even manually configured. You can manually configure them to use STUN but really not recommended for more than 2-3 or so phones per location. Even then they will "work" but not be perfect. Seeing as you listed 5 phones the number of phones can be significant.

If you want them to be 100% reliable I suggest setting up a site-site ipsec vpn between the office and the cloud pbxexpress (easy to do with Azure and Google). Then the phones will work as local phones.

The models you have are the series that is the same vintage of the "3CX supported models" but are designed to look like the analog phones of the 90's. So if you setup the VPN and provision them as if they were 6757I phones (3CX Template) you should be all set. That is provided that the internals are similar which I expect they should be but am not 100% confident.

If you want help configuring a few (2-3 ish) per location using STUN let me know but your results won't be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.