Provisioning Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsunami_australia, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami_australia

I'm looking for help or information on how to provision extra options for the SPA942 from v9. Options including ringtone, 24hr time instead of 12hr, D/M instead M/D, backlight timer, address book etc.

At the moment I just manually set these options per phone but would much prefer a FULL provision of ALL of these options and looking through the templates etc I just can't find anything. I have done soo much reading the past few months for Cisco & Linksys phones, 3CX and Elastix that I'm just at a point where I'm needing the last few points settled but have little patience to do even more research (the battle I had with Elastix last night didn't help, it wouldn't provision the phones or register the trunk lines .... wouldn't even realise it had more than a single trunk configured for some reason).

I will say one thing though, playing with Elastix has given me the foresight of seeing what 3CX could become for the non medium->enterprise market and an appreciation for the ease of config with 3CX. Being a home user I don't expect massive things but it would be REALLY nice to be able to have 3 instead of 2 consecutive calls (I often conference my grandmother with utilities to sort out issues she has little understanding of which chews both channels killing any extra inbound calls) & paging (allow me to for eg check the washing machine has finished by having a SPA942 beside it and paging that from my desk to listen for the machine - used to do this all the time with my old NEC system).

2. Patrice

Hello,

First, you should configure a phone with all the parameters you want.

Then, you can review the configuration of the linksys/cisco phone in XML format using this url :
    http://<ip_of_phone>/admin/spacfg.xml

Then, copy the interesting lines in the provisionning file of your 3cx server to deploy this parameters to all the phones.

I have cisco spa504g at work, which are quite identical to your linksys.
    I can provide you more informations if you want.

Regards,

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.