Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsunami_australia, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami_australia

I'm looking for help or information on how to provision extra options for the SPA942 from v9. Options including ringtone, 24hr time instead of 12hr, D/M instead M/D, backlight timer, address book etc.

At the moment I just manually set these options per phone but would much prefer a FULL provision of ALL of these options and looking through the templates etc I just can't find anything. I have done soo much reading the past few months for Cisco & Linksys phones, 3CX and Elastix that I'm just at a point where I'm needing the last few points settled but have little patience to do even more research (the battle I had with Elastix last night didn't help, it wouldn't provision the phones or register the trunk lines .... wouldn't even realise it had more than a single trunk configured for some reason).

I will say one thing though, playing with Elastix has given me the foresight of seeing what 3CX could become for the non medium->enterprise market and an appreciation for the ease of config with 3CX. Being a home user I don't expect massive things but it would be REALLY nice to be able to have 3 instead of 2 consecutive calls (I often conference my grandmother with utilities to sort out issues she has little understanding of which chews both channels killing any extra inbound calls) & paging (allow me to for eg check the washing machine has finished by having a SPA942 beside it and paging that from my desk to listen for the machine - used to do this all the time with my old NEC system).

2. Patrice

Hello,

First, you should configure a phone with all the parameters you want.

Then, you can review the configuration of the linksys/cisco phone in XML format using this url :
    http://<ip_of_phone>/admin/spacfg.xml

Then, copy the interesting lines in the provisionning file of your 3cx server to deploy this parameters to all the phones.

I have cisco spa504g at work, which are quite identical to your linksys.
    I can provide you more informations if you want.

Regards,

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.