Provisioning phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Parhunter, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parhunter

I have noticed when I hang a brand new phone on my network it shows up in bold text as un-provisioned under my phones tab. If I provision the phone everything works as advertised. But then something happens to the user or phone and I need to provision them a new phone.. No problem there either, but if I factory reset the first phone and put it back on the network it doesn't show up. Is the system storing the MAC address and not displaying it again? Is there someplace I can tell the PBX to release the phone's MAC address?

I'm using Yealink phones T23Gs and T46Ss. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Try deleting the phone from the provisioning tab on the ext. select the correct phone and click delete

3. Parhunter

I did that. Still nothing, but like I said a new one out of the box shows right up?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Parhunter

If the PBX is able to receive multicast messages then the phones should be displayed if they are factory provisioned. There is nothing in the PBX to prevent this so phones that are already provisioned should appear. Make sure that the phones do not retain any settings and that they are indeed factory reset. You may also need to run a wireshark capture and see if the phone is sending a multicast message as it boots up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.