Provisioning Prefix Key Yealink T26

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thess, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thess

I have some Yealink T26 phones that i can program a BLF key to enter a prefix before the number I'm calling. It works good when I program it on the phone but if the phone gets unplugged it re-provisions from the 3CX System Management. The problem I have is it erases the "prefix" key I have set up on the phone. The phone template in 3CX does not give me the option to program a "prefix key. Does anyone know of a way around this so I don't have to reprogram the phone every time it gets provisioning from the server?

Thanks,
    T

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Prefix key type should be 40

Code:
    memorykey.1.line = 
    memorykey.1.value = *
    memorykey.1.pickup_value = 
    memorykey.1.type = 40
    memorykey.1.xml_phonebook = 

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thess

I see that the Prefix type is 40 but how do I add that to the drop-down options in the phone provisioning BLF. The options I show now are BLF, Shared Parking, Speed Dial, Custom Speed Dial, Agent Login/Logout, Change Status. I would like to have the Prefix option in this list. I have tried to edit the Yealink T26 template and add this option but it does not change the options in the extension phone provisioning. Wondering if there is a way to edit it so I have this in my drop-down options.

Thanks, T

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I know of no-way to edit the drop-down box. The issue is that the provisioning page is generic for all the makes and models that 3CX supports.

The phones may have features that it can support as a result of how the manufacturers develop their firmware and these features may be different from manufacturer to manufacturer as the phones are designed to connect to various PBX systems as well as directly to providers. You can see this by looking at all the available options that Yealink has for the DSS key programming versus what 3CX has.

There is no way, without great effort, that 3CX can install a custom provisioning page for every model of every manufacturer and then maintain each as changes occur. As a result, there is a standard set of basic customizations that is applicable to virtually all phones and the others have to be accommodated by: a) manual provisioning and turning off auto provision in the phone or, b) customizing the base template for the make/model of interest. You will have to test to see how 3CX will overwrite or not the templates.

Customizing is one way that a lot prefer, but then you have to be aware when a new template if developed and downloaded into the system as that will also need to be modified as well.

5. Thess

Here was the solution I used. I put the parameters I wanted in the else statement and leave the BLF provisioning drop-downs blank. If I put my parameters in the top IF statement they get overwritten with a blank value. This seems to be working for what I need. Without this, every time a phone gets unplugged or re-provisioned I have to manually update each phone individually. Thanks for the help.

#Configure Memory Key10
    {IF blf10}
    memorykey.10.line = %%Line%%
    memorykey.10.value = %%blf7%%
    memorykey.10.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
    memorykey.10.type = %%DKtype%%
    memorykey.10.xml_phonebook =
    {ELSE}
    memorykey.10.line = 0
    memorykey.10.value = **
    memorykey.10.pickup_value =
    memorykey.10.type = 40