Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Profiles - 'Files'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

So.. since these are 'dynamically created' somewhere in the system or whatnot instead of actual files I can see in a folder now..

I have a handset I provisioned for myself which I am going to stop using.
    I removed the handset profile in my Phone Phovisioning section.. I still have some other model with a different MAC for a home handset via SBC.. so I know I'm "not" seeing it there anymore.

So.. I factory the handset.
    However.. as usual our DHCP scope option is providing some auto-provision info.. and here is the handset, fully configured to my extension again.

Worse.. if I try to workaround by adding a new extension I intend to kill after the fact.. and add the phone provisioning, it says my phone/MAC belongs to 'my' extension, put another way it won't let me set the provisioning entry onto another extension because it believes it belongs to 'my' extension.. yet 'my' extension has no info about this.

So it would seem that I have a handset still tied to 'my' extension though isn't listed.. and can't assign it to some other extension.

2. ccomley

Not tried it on V.15 yet but on earlier versions, to "de-allocate" a phone you have to go into the extension, Phone Provisioning tab, select the phone in question, blank out the MAC address, and Save. Then you can Factory-Reset the phone and it will appear as a "new" phone ready to be allocated in the Phones list rather than being automatically re-provisioned for the original extension.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Yeah, except it's already gone from my extension and the factory reset still results in auto-provisioning it back to my extension, thus my problem is the provisioning profile still exists.. wherever it exists now. I can put in the URL directly and it fetches an XML to my extension.

This will be a "real" problem if for some reason somebody wants to swap out handsets between extensions or similar. Seems there is a bug in how the handset is "de-allocated" from the extensions.. not happening properly.

Yeah.. maybe a reboot will do it.. but really?..

Such changes in handsets and extensions is seldom.. but getting locked out to repurpose a handset will become a BIG problem when this type of event occurs.

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Have you tried restarting the webserver? Maybe some caching still exist. But even it is because of caching, this certainly is an issue, that has to be addressed, if your case isn't an exception.
    You could try to open the provisioning file in the webbrowser. (Download, view xml in an editor)u What does it show? Any infos about the file, like when it was created?

Best regards Frank

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Got a reboot in yesterday morning for other things.
    Sure enough, it persisted.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Just tried replicating this on my V15 with no success. I am using a snom phone provisioned to extension 006. Went into the extension deleted the phone from the phones provisioning tab and performed a factory reset of the phone. Then i appeared on my "Phones" tab and i assigned it to extension 003, phone rebooted and provisioned on extension 003. Tried rebooting the phone, still on extension 003.

Can you specify what phone this is and what do you mean by
    maybe that has something to do with this?

7. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It does not.
    The make/model is a Cisco 50x.. in this case a 502G.
    The DHCP Scope Option 66 auto-provisions that handset to the provisioning URL.. but that's not where my problem resides.

However, today I am seeing the provisioning settings for this handset on my extension.
    It just wasn't there before the reboot.. so that did apparently shore things up.

Sounds like a bug. Restarting the services or host because of something like this.. shouldn't be necessary. Could be me I guess, let's chalk it up to that if you could not replicate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.