provisioning takes forever

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I got a new phone the other day (another cisco 504g) and I logged into admin and updated the privision url. I saved and rebooted the phone/restarted 3cx services etc and for over an hour of trying between the default url
    http://192.168.13.188:5481/provisioning/$MA.xml or my custom url the phone would not register.

So I come in the office this morning and it is registered.

Is this common, is there any way I can force the provision to take place quicker? This doesn't make sense to me.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Provisiong time is depandent on the phone, it takes 3cx a 100kb file transfer. which it does in a blink of a an eye. Then the phone sets itself up. But a cisco shouldnt take longer than 3 minutes. None the less Make sure your on the latest firmware. Factory reset the phone and try again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Well, all 5 phones are registered now, so the point is kind of moot. I am in the process up updating the firmware. But consider I just bought these they were brand new out of the box, should I really have to update the firmware to get them to register quicker than an hour? I have 2 that aren't in use at the moment so I'll factory reset both, upgrade the firmware on one and try to provision them both again, see if the upgraded one provisions within minutes vs hour+ like they did originally.

[edit]
    I upgraded one phone and reset both. Then assigned provision url and waited. Almost 1 hour exactly and then it finally registered. It made no difference.

4. AdgTech

How long does the actual provisioning take after it starts?

I think what's happening is you're adding the provisioning URL, but not telling it to provision then and there. So it waits until the phone goes out and automatically checks if there's a new provisioning config for it.

I don't use Ciscos so I'm not sure on their configuration, but try adding the provisioning URL to a phone, then reboot it. See if it picks up the new config immediately upon reboot. Alternately, check to see if there's a "provision now" button somewhere in the GUI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.