Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Template Modifications

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ATS-Support, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATS-Support

Just curious, wondering whether theres a way of modifying the Grandstream provisioning templates to duplicate the Account 1 extension on subsequent accounts.

For instance, I want to register extension 100 on multiple line buttons on a GXP-2110, to allow more than 1 call to be answered. I also want to keep the config server path alive to make sure I can keep phones up to date. Problem is, whenever the phone syncs with the PBX, it erases accounts 2-4.

What I figured, is if account 1 is provisioned using the xml file, if you could modify that xml file to provision the other accounts on a phone.

Anyone ever tried doing this, or know if it works?

2. netswork

netswork Active Member

You can modify the phone template located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

Save the template under a new name then provision your phone using your new template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Also good video here:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/advanced-training/provisioning-templates/

4. ATS-Support

I know I can modify the template, that part is not the issue. By asking to modify the template, I'm implying that I know it can be done.

What I want to know is what I would have to modify, which fields corresponding with which variables, etc.

For example, provisioning Account 1 with the extension uses this

"P270 = %%extension_number%%"

Is there any sort of knowledgebase that shows what P270 is? would account 2 be P271?

I doubt just copy/pasting account one below and naming the comments account 2 would do what I want.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

ah. Sorry I am not familiar with grandstream phones or their provisioning but im sure someone here is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

See the attached file.
    it has a list of all the P values for GXP phones and a description of what they are used for.
    I'm fairly familiar with the granstream values and what needs to be changed for what. If you have a specific question or need some help with a custom config feel free to PM me.

Attached Files:

7. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

It's not usually possible to provision a phone with more than one extension number. The reason for that, is that an extension profile holds a MAC number that 3CX needs to see as unique for the phone device. There is no mechanism in 3CX to identify an extension profile as being a provisioning target for a phone's 2nd or 3rd line key ...

I have tried to do this on Yealink's and Cisco phones - but - unfortunately have come to the conclusion that you need to provision your primary extension, then manually input any others you want on second, third etc. line keys on the phones.

Always hoping to be surprised tho' - so please feel free to astound if you come up with a way of doing this - as I'd love to know ...

Best regards ...

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You probably could have a separate provisioning file for the phones that require multiple line precenses... but on Yealink, you only need the account once, then assign the "Line Keys" to the accounts.
    So, I have Account 1 with my extension.
    Then Line Key 1,2,3 are assigned to Account 1

Can you export your config file from the Grandstream and look at it in text editor to see what changes you mightn eed to make in 3cx Template?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.