Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Template Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by grnerd, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnerd

I am setting up a new (and my first) 3CX system. We are re-using our existing Polycom phones (mostly SPIP 331's with a few SPIP 550's).

I am getting it all together, for the most part, but I have run into an issue that I have found a fix for, but am unsure how to apply the fix...

The issue is that when a voicemail is left on a phone, the phone issues an audible beep every 30 seconds or so to alert the user. This, I can already tell, will be very annoying and distracting to my users.

The fix I have found is to put some code into the provisioning template, but I am not sure where to put it. Do I just add it at the end, or does it need to go in a specific section?

Here is a copy of the code I am going to add:

<se>
    <se.pat>
    <se.pat.misc>
    <se.pat.misc.messageWaiting>
    <se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.value="0" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.value="0" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.value="0" />
    </se.pat.misc.messageWaiting>
    </se.pat.misc>
    </se.pat>
    </se>

I can post a copy of the provisioning template as well if you need that, but I figured if you had read this far, you already know what one looks like :)

Thanks!

2. grnerd

I think I figured it out. I pasted it just after some other code that looked similar, and it seems to have worked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.