Provisioning Templates don't work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by YamiHoshi, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YamiHoshi

My new quest is, to play around with the Provisioning Templates of Linksys.
    The only thing that works, is the "<model>" tag, no other changes work.
    How do I make it to work?

Thanks in advance.

2. YamiHoshi

3. YamiHoshi

I keep bumping, until I get a valid answer.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I will give you a valid answer to your question..... try asking a specific question about a specific problem rather than getting someone to "teach" you VOIP.

From your previous posts it is clear you dont understand the principles of VOIP and VOIP PBX's and SIP Phones so I strongly recommend you do not play with the provisioning templates as you will mess up a lot of things.

What Linksys template? What are you trying to get it to do that it doesnt currently do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YamiHoshi

>>abc123
    I have to play around for work.
    I won't mess up, I'm using a test VPS, and a test phone.
    This time I'm not asking to teach this, I'm asking how to make them to work.
    I've read the documentations and tutorials on this site, none of the provisionings work, exapt for the Model name.
    Example 1: Rebooting.
    Changed it to http://%%rebootip%%/admin/slet -> The reboot link is still "http://%%rebootip%%/admin/reboot".

Example 2: Admin Password.
    I uncommented the Admin_Passwd section, and set a password -> I can still get into the Admin version of the control panel without password.

Example 3: Resyncing.
    I set Resync_Periodic on 30 seconds -> Still Resyncs, using the old template.

I'm also clicking "OK" and I also Reboot the phone after configuration.
    The phone is Linksys SPA-941, but all Linksys templates seem to be the same thing (editting one of them edits them all).

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Now you are being specific - Great!

OK the problem with the reboot is that you set an admin password. From my understanding the reboot http request doesnt work with the non default password (though i havent looked at the http api to know if a password parameter can be set).

Your alternative would be to use AutoIT to log into the web admin page and set a reboot.

I think editing one template does them all as the linksys phones have the same back end except for lines etc so one template will suffice (I am not sure if you could copy one and make it for a specific phone such as the 941 and get 3cx to use that - i am sure there is a way).

I have problems now and then with linksys phones not picking up the changed config immediately after a reboot. I dont know why. You can see by looking at the phone whether they have picked it up as it will do two reboots. One reboot when you set it to reboot and then a second reboot after the config has been read. The config will also update itself depending on the settings in the phone.

I have found turning the phone off for 1 minute then back on will help force a new config read.

Hope that helps some?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. YamiHoshi

>>abc123
    I actually set the reboot and password settings at seperate times.
    However, the reboot change is one week long already, but it still didn't change.
    For the other methods, I'll try Monday, because it's almost time to go home, and I'm at school on Friday.

8. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Let us know the results on monday and we can go from there.

9. YamiHoshi

>>abc123
    It still didn't work after a dual-reboot, and there's no shutdown option on this phone.
    What I tried is:
    Authorisation for reboot + Admin Passwd + Reboot URL.

10. YamiHoshi

Bumping again.

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Lets take a step back and confirm some things you have done first.

You say you have changed the templates but they havent taken effect on the phone?

So did you change the template and THEN provision the phone? Are you redoing the provisioning for the phone in both 3cx and on the phone AFTER making the template changes? You may even need to restart 3cx after changing the template and before redoing the provisioning (I would advise this).

Can I also remind you that this is a community led forum. We all have jobs and businesses to run and try our best to help others. 3cx also sometimes monitor the forums and answer questions. But none of us HAVE to. You keep demanding and bumping when you don't get help. It doesnt help your case. If it is that critical to the running of your business that you HAVE to have answers, then I would strongly suggest purchasing a support contract with 3cx and asking there. I have had 100% success with any support calls I have made.

12. YamiHoshi

>>abc123
    Yes, they didn't have taken effect on the phone.
    No, I didn't provision the phone itself.
    I also didn't restart 3CX.

13. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I was out yesterday so didnt get to reply.

I am getting a bit confused as I know english is not your first language so we may have misunderstood your needs.

Are you trying to provision a phone or are you trying to customize the templates to provision the phones using the new templates?

I am assuming you are trying the latter.

So you need to firstly customize the template for your needs and save it. I would then restart 3cx as I am not sure when in the process it reads the templates.

Then you can go to an extension in 3cx and choose the phone provisioning. You will then chose the custom template from the drop down list and also put in the mac address etc. If this is already in there from a previous attempt, I would be inclined to make a change and even change it back so it forces a new save of the template (I have had cases where I made a small change to a template but the change wouldnt save in the extension provisioning as there were no changes made on that web page). Then click ok (or apply) on the provisioning tab.

Then finally go into the phone itself and set (or reset) the provisioning url in the admin side. Reboot the phone. Most phones (like the linksys) will reboot twice, the first time you reboot it they read the provisioning file which then tells them to reboot again after a few seconds to complete the setup).

Try that and make sure it works.

14. YamiHoshi

>>abc123
    I think I understand more about that, but I can't find settings for Reboot in the phone, just the Reboot option.
    The other things (like Admin Password) don't work as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.