Provisioning wiping out custom settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by infonetics, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infonetics

I have a Cisco SPA504G at my house, running across a VPN to our 3CX system at my office. Last night, I configured Line 4 to use a personal SIP account that I opened to replace my home phone. It worked great, but when the phone re-provisioned at 2:00am, it changed the Line 4 button back to match 1-3. When I login to the phone, the profile is still there under "EXT4". When I go to the Phone tab though, Line Key 4 has been changed back to "1" instead of "4".

I can't find any reference to this in the provisioning template. It appears to have only "Profile 1". It also seems that if I modify the template, it will put this account on everyone's phone. How do I keep the nightly provisioning from changing this setting back?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could you not just disable the re-provisioning option on the set? Should it not, then, retain any changes that you have made locally?

3. infonetics

That would probably work - but any potential downsides to not refreshing the phone daily?

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

No downsides at all ... We often do this on installs, as we know that once we provision the phone, the user may need handset mic. levels changed to suit, or may change their ringtones etc. Our provisioning templates are heavily modified to introduce timezone & daylight saving rules etc also. But - once all that's in the phone, just go to the Provisioning page [admin logon needed], and turn off the provisioning enable at the top.

Best rgeards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.