Provisioning Yealink - BLFs - Sidecars

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccomley, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

We have a Yealink T46 with two extension units (sidecars).

What we would like is the first 8 BLF (etc) settings to go on the 8 BLF buttons on the phone itself, then the ninth to go at thetop of the first sidecar, etc but as it is the 9th entry makes the system provision it as two pages of buttons on the phone.

I assume we can just put in blank entries for buttons 9-18 and then button 19 will be the top of the first sidecar, etc., but that's a bit kludgy.

I there any way we can disable the "two page mode" of the BLF on the phone screen itself?

Or some way we can make the More BLFs dialog on the console start on the sidecar not pick up where the main page left off?

2. layton

This is handled completely by your provisioning template for the phone.

We have a separate provisioning template for T46G phones with expansion unit(s). We usually end up using the first page of the phone display for just line buttons / shared park / page / etc. and then put all BLFs on the expansion units.

If you look at the provisioning templates in 3CX, you'll see where line keys are populated:

{IF blf1}
    linekey.3.line = %%Line%%
    linekey.3.value = %%blf3%%
    linekey.3.pickup_value =
    linekey.3.type = %%DKtype%%
    linekey.3.label = %%blffirstname3%% %%blflastname3%%
    linekey.3.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    {ELSE}
    linekey.3.type = 0
    {ENDIF}

In your provisioning template, linkey refers to the 27 BLF keys on the phone. If you want to have the BLFs from the phone settings in the admin console populate the expansion module instead of the buttons on the phone, change your template to reference the expansion unit keys instead of the linekeys:

{IF blf1}
    expansion_module.x.key.y.type = %%DKtype%%
    expansion_module.x.key.y.line = %%Line%%
    expansion_module.x.key.y.value = %%blf1%%
    expansion_module.x.key.y.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    expansion_module.x.key.y.label = %%blffirstname1%% %%blflastname1%%
    {ELSE}
    expansion_module.x.key.y.type = 0
    {ENDIF}

With the expansion unit definitions, "x" refers to the connected expansion unit (1-16) and "y" refers to the button on the expansion unit (1-40). So if you have two expansion units and you want to only populate the BLFs on the first page of each unit, your provisioning template will have {IF blf1} populate expansion_module.1.key.1 though {IF blf20} populate expansion_module.1.key.20, then {IF blf21} populate expansion_module.2.key.1 through {IF blf40} populate expansion_module.2.key.20.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ccomley

Thanks Layton - I'll take a look. I had assumed they would already have considered the possibility.

4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Would you mind sharing your template you made for the side car?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. layton

No problem - I've attached a zip with a few different files.

T46G_with_sidecar.txt : Text file of our template (configured to populate BLFs on both pages of the first 2 sidecars). This will need to be tweaked if you need to use more than 2 sidecars or only want to populate the first page of each sidecar.

Template Changes.txt: These are the standard changes we make to the default T46G template that ships with 3CX. These are included in the sidecar template - so you can see what the template does beside populate BLFs on the sidecar and change those settings if you don't want them.

Linekey Type Codes.xlsx: Excel sheet mapping the Line key button types in the phone's web interface with their corresponding numerical type code for use in provisioning files.

AutoDST.xml & LFTRing1.wav: Two of the three files references in our Template Changes.txt file. The third is just our custom logo for the wallpaper, so I left that out.

HTH!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.