Provisioning Yealink T46G Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tlsallada, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlsallada

I'm setting up a system using mostly Yealink T42G phones and they set up and provision fine. I have 8 users with Yealink T46G phones and I've found they are a pain to set up. I did upgrade the firmware to the latest version but they seem to be very slow in registering.
    Anyone else having a similar problem??
    Thanks,

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

hi tlsallada,

Can you please Factory Reset the T46G phones and provision them again? Also avoid using a back-to-back connection between the phones. Can you also let me know which firmware version are you using on the phones? Please let me know if this has solved your issue and if you have any further inquiries feel free to let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. afinite

We trialled a load of handsets and found most of them to be stubborn.
    The easiest way of provisioning them we found was DHCP option 66 after ensuring they were running a recent firmware version. Its a real shame that despite the T42 and T46 being so new, they seem to ship with firmware which is fairly out of date.
    It would be much more useful if there was a simple way of the handset updating itself through a handset menu rather than having to download the file yourself and then upload it through the webadmin.

Once you get it on 3CX, then everything becomes easier, but getting it on there is the hard part.

4. tlsallada

I found that by updating the firmware to 28.71.0.176 the phone provisioned properly. Thanks for all the feedback - I hope this helps other!!
    terry s

5. RFSTech

Received a new T46G about a week ago. Pulled it out of the box, powered it up, upgraded the code, and it automatically provisioned with no problem. Never thought to try and provision it before upgrading the firmware. I'm using 3CX v12 SP2 on Win 2008 R2 Std with IIS.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Afinman,

the easiest way to upgrade the phones firmware:
    1. Log in to the 3CX Management console.
    2. click on the "Phones" node
    3. Select the handset that you want to upgrade firmware for.
    4. Click the "Upgrade firmware" button.

This is the recommended procedure for upgrading firmware for 3CX Phone System 12 since the firmware flashed on the phone during this procedure has been extensively tested to make sure that it works without any problems with 3CX Phone System 12. Downloading beta firmware / non supported firmware versions, and flashing it on the phone will lead to issues. if you have any further inquiries please feel free to ask.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. afinite

Hi
    We did all that, but we were under the impression that as 3CX had a strategic partnership with Yealink and Snom, the experience might be better.
    Ideally, 3CX would have the firmwares automatically, download them itself to a repository, rather than the awkward way at the moment of having to go looking for the files yourself and then upload them to the phone.
    I thought you could only upgrade the firmware of provisioned handsets anyway, are you saying you can upgrade firmware on discovered handsets which haven't yet been provisioned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.