Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioningfile keeps showing old external IP-address

Discussion in 'Windows' started by egimbergh, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egimbergh

I changed the 'External/Public IP Address' under the 'Phone Provisioning' settings (V12). After that I restarted all the services.
    But still the provisioning-XMLs (under C:\ProgramData\3CX\...\TcxProvFiles) show the old address in the tags
    <MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr> and <MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>. The non-SSL tags show the correct values. This happens for current users that I change, but also for newly added users.

According to Settings - Advanced - Custom parameters the old address is nowhere in the system anymore. I even searched the entire harddisk, but the only occurence of the old address is in two files under C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\base\16385\, which seem to be databasefiles. I'm a little scared to modify those.
    (Also two occurence in two files under C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\pg_xlog, but those are just logfiles)

How do I get the system to completely accept the new address? Note that we run a multi-tennant system, with only a single tennant.
    I already noticed there were more threads about this subject, but I couldn't find a real solution.

Erik

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Erik,
    The mentionned fields are related to the SSL configurations done at setup time.
    In order to modify those you will have to :
    - backup all except SSL option
    - uninstall 3cx phone system
    - reinstall 3cx phone system
    - configure the SSL through setup wizard correctly with new valid fqdns/ips
    - restore backup when prompted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. egimbergh

Wow, that is not really an easy method for a setting that looks like it's configurable. Sure there's no easier way? Could I try by manually modifying the database files?

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Nope no easier trick as a new SSL certificate needs to be generated, webserver reconfigured, and some other entries needs to be modified, this can only be done once at setup time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.