Proximity Sensor Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Android' started by Futureweb, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hello,

we have issues with Proximity Sensor Sensitivity on multiple Phones (Nexus 5x and older Phones too) - often the Screen won't get locked when calling with 3CX Client. With normal Android Phone Client it always works as expected - possible the Sensitivity of the Proximity Sensor is wrong within 3CX Client?

Thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It might help if you listed the version (and release) you are using, as it could be one of a number currently in use.

3. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Android - latest available Version: 14.0.56
    But this issue was also present in earlier Versions.

Andreas

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From I recall, different devices have varying proximity sensor sensitivities. I own a Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1 and what happens with me is that when I approach the phone to my ear, the screen goes black apart from the 3 navigation buttons at the button and when I pull it away the screen shows the 3CXPhone app again. I believe this is by design so that no buttons are accidentally pressed.

Now if you wanted the screen to go off completely, you could just immediately press the power button once.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain as to why you would want the phone to lock, when you are on a call? Do you mean, "turn off the screen". That is what happens on a number of handsets (various makes and versions of Android), that I'm using. I would not want the handset to lock (have to enter an unlock code/pattern), as I may have to enter some digits at some point.

6. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

alright - replace that with "often the Screen won't go black" ... I meant Screen Lock - not Phone Lock.
    So Users of Android 3CX Client often cancel the call by accidently clicking *hang up" with their cheek ...
    As this won't happen when they use native Android Phone Client - I guess the Proximity Sensor Sensitivity / Configuration can be tweaked within an App?

Andreas

7. VirtualLogic

We have the same issue.
    On some Nexus (5x/5) and Samsung with different versions of android the proximity sensor works correctly. On some huawei not. More specifically on Honor 6 with latest Android version released by the manufacturer (Ver. 5.1.1) there is no way to make it working. With the integrated dialer and other dialer works perfectly.

Not a big problem (the user press the powert button after answering a call) but could be a good idea to have an option to automatically lock the device/screen after a call is answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.