Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Proxy Authentication problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by elewis, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elewis

Hi,

I have a Valcom VIP-801 unit that supports SIP (it is a paging device). I have set all parameters to 801:
    extension is 801, name is 801, password is 801, CID name is 801, etc.
    I set the proxy address to 192.168.2.8 which is the server the 3CX system resides on. SIP port and proxy ports are set to 5060.

I have set 801 for all parameters on the created extension in 3CX as well. I see with Wireshark that the Valcom unit is attempting to register to the 3CX system (Request: ACK sip:mad:192.168.2.8) and (REGISTER sip:192.168.2.8:5060) but the 3CX send a response (Status: 407 Proxy Authentication Requred (0 bindings)).
    I do not see any activity in the Server Status window while this transaction is taking place.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It's Ok and normal flow for call initiation. After getting this response your device should send another INVITE with Proxy-Authorization header added to it.

Upd: for REGISTER it's all the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.