Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

PSA: Inbound calls busy / log shows unanswered / restart SIP services to resolve

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by us1, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us1

us1

I've had a few incidents of this across several systems. There was another forum posting about this a few months ago:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/cannot-make-internal-incoming-outgoing-calls.50391/

The systems in question are Linux installs (mixture of 15.5 SP1 and SP2 releases). All are hosted with the same provider. All phones are STUN. I start receiving alerts of calls to the system failing due to Channel Unavailable. When calling the number, it rings as a normal "busy" or with a message stating "Your call could not be completed as dialed." Reboots of the server sometimes resolve it. I've attempted re-registration of the SIP trunk (Vitelity) but still the same issue. I finally was able to resolve it by restarting the SIP services from the services page.

I'm posting this here for the following:
    1) Informational -- Hoping others will find this post helpful in the event of a similar issue.
    2) Documentational -- I could not post to the thread linked above as it was closed for additional comments.
    3) Inquiry -- It would be good to know if others have experienced similar to this and, if so, it would be a helpful datapoint for 3cx to research the cause of this issue and rectify it in a future update.

Thanks.

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi us1,
    Thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.