PSTN Backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mWz, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mWz

mWz

Hi all,

I have configured 3CX with a voip provider here in France and I need to offer a PSTN backup line if the internet goes down. Is it possible to just use a Linksys SPA3102 and connect the FXO port to the PSTN line then somehow tell 3CX to use a prefix of say "8" to gain access to the PSTN instead of say "9" to route calls to the voip provider?

I guess my question is not so much how to do it but will the Linksys be able to do it?

Cheers.

2. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Yes! Easy to do that.

Chris

3. mWz

mWz

Thanks. so the SPA 3102 will do it?

Cheers.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will not only give you access to a PSTN line, it also has an FXS port, so you get an additional analogue extension on your PBX.

5. mWz

mWz

Thanks guys.

6. converged2

Hi,

Keep in mind the Linksys 3102 can be used as either FXO or FXS but 3CX does not support both:

http ://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Per 3cx:

The Linksys SPA3102 can either be set as a gateway OR as an ATA device. 3CX does not support the device when configured in both modes simultaneously.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. brunnenguk

My first thought would be to set up a rule for all outbound calls that uses the VOIP provider as route 1 and use PSTN as route 2. My understanding of the system is that routes 2 and 3 are used as a backup.

8. amygoda

amygoda Member

this not right
    3CX support FXO AND FXS simultaneously.

YOU CAN MAKE OUTGOING PLAN FOR 8
    OR USE IF NOT AVAILABLE OPTION IN 9 PLAN

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 will work using the FXO and FXS at the same time. The 3CX sites says they don't support it, not that it won't work. I have three working that way, along with an SPA3000. Keep in mind that there are a number of options that have to be set correctly to completely separate both units (the FXO and FXS sides). The SPA3102 can be very frustrating, as a number of forum members have found out, but it does work and has a great deal of flexibility (many, many, many options).

10. converged2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.