PSTN CID Not working on SPA-3000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jameswilcox, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameswilcox

Hi, I'm running 3cx free v6.0.570.0. I have a PSTN line setup using a SPA-3000 with the latest firmware (3.1.20(GW)). Its working flawlessly, apart from the caller ID. I have read the configuration guide for the SPA-3000, but if I set the User ID to anything other than the virtual extension number(10001), it can't authenticate. Error: Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings. If I have PSTN CID for VOIP CID set to 'no' in PSTN config it works perfectly. But when it is 'yes' the line registers fine, but as soon as someone calls I get this error: Authentication failed for SipReq: INVITE <10001@192.168.0.16 tid=-6127aeec cseq=INVITE contact=xxxxxxxxxx@192.168.0.21:5060 / 102 from(wire).
    xxxx is my cell phone number. Hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

In Source identification section for your gateway put a rule:

than set up SPA to send CID again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jameswilcox

Is the setting that your talking about Contact: Host Part?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX Management console, under Lines / Manage click on your gateway than open section Source Identification.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jameswilcox

You said Contact host\port, but I can only find Contact: Host Part. Is this correct?

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, you're right. Sorry for confusion.

7. jameswilcox

Its finally working! Thanks.
    Also, when the caller has hung up, and nobody has picked up the phone, it keeps ringing another 2-3 times. This is probably a problem with the SPA though.

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It might happen. Especially if caller is on analogue phone and is dialing thru PSTN gateway. It takes time for PSTN gateway to make sure that a call has been terminated by calling party.

9. jspearso

hi i have got my CID to show up on some extensions when i dial in direct but when i come in from the digital reception it shows up as line 10000

Cheers
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.