PSTN Devices - No genereate configuration file option

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DWAyotte, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWAyotte

I added an MP-114 to my PSTN Devices and I am not seeing the option that the documentation is saying that will generate me a configuration file.

I am running the latest 7.1 version and am trying to add the 4 FXO Port version.
    Thanks

2. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi,

For 3CX to generate the config file, the 3CX server and the gateway must be on the same network, ie they should both have an IP address of 192.168.10.XXX

If this is not the case then 3CX cannot generate a config file.

Hope this helps.

Emmet.

3. DWAyotte

In my situation it is indeed on the same network.

4. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

In that case did you change any of the default settings?

Like the port number? We have found that its important not to change any of the default settings, even is say you have 4 FXO ports and are only using 2.

Changing the default settings can also mean that no config file is produced.

Hope this helps.

Emmet.

5. DWAyotte

you hit it right on the head.

I have only 2 ports live so I changed that setting in the configuration. Thanks for that tip.

For whatever reason though, now with the configuration file loaded, the ports dont register.

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you give me the name of the Gateway you are using? On a quick glance in the PSTN Gateways i couldnt find the one you specified. Can you name it fully please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. DWAyotte

AudioCodes MP-114

None of my phones will register now either. Is this possibly due to the demo license I entered?

8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I dont know if you found the Generate Config Button, but here's some guidelines on how to find it.

Make a PSTN Gateway with Audiocodecs 114 at the end of the configuration wizard, right after you add an outbound rule there will be a page full of links on how to setup gateways.
    At the bottom of that page you will find the Generate Configuration button.

Now if you have found it and clicking doesnt do anything, i've never seen that case before, all i can suggest for you is that maybe you had some Uncleaned traces from a previous 3CX Installation which caused it.

If you cant be bothered to uninstall here's the configuration file which you will need to modify to suit your needs.

There are 2 Fields in which you will need to put your Machine's IP at.
    Replace XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on these 2 fields with your IP

LocalOAMIPAddress = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

ProxyIp 0 = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.