Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

PSTN Gateway to Tmobile @Home

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sinboo50, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinboo50

Greetings!

I am wondering if anyone has yet to try this configuration?

T mobile has a service @home which seems to use an adapter to create a VOIP to GSM network connection. The adapter utilizes a standard TMO SIM card and provides an output to an analog phone jack. Rates are a flat $10 mo. for unlimited in/out calling in the US.

Given that VOIP is only utilized to access their GSM network I doubt the adapter can be configured to work with 3CX, however since there is output to an analog jack it would seem it might connect with a PSTN Gateway such as the Linksys SPA3102.

I have the @home adapter on the way but have yet to spring for the PSTN Gateway... Wondering if you thing this might work?

Cheers,

Bruce

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't think of why any device that you can plug a phone into and dial out, would not work with a gateway. I have a Linksys SPA3000 plugged into a magicjack. Just remember that any message waiting won't be passed onto 3CX, you won't even hear stutter dial tone as the gateway won't let you hear dial tone, it will send digits almost immediately. You also won't be able to do a flash to activate 3 way calling. You may have problems trying to send any short codes, like *82, (unblock your number) as 3CX and some gateways don't play well when trying to send the * and #.

3. sinboo50

Picked up a SPA3102 and wanted to report that this works fine.

Still working through an issue with inbound caller ID but not sure if it is related to this service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.