Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

PSTN Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by demonofsteel, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I'm currently in the process of looking for a PSTN Gateway and probably an ATA adapter. While looking, I found something wich I'm not totally sure what it does. It's an ATA adapter, the Grandstream HandyTone 488 (http://www.canadianvoipstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=96_287&products_id=451 - I know it says that it's discontinued, but it's just an example and there's the nice picture to explain).

The description and the picture says that it can connect to a PSTN, now it gets me confused, does that means that it can act like some sort of a 1 line PSTN Gateway or it's just something to place calls to the PSTN?

I plan to have 1 VOIP provider and 1 single PSTN line, so if this thing can do the trick, it would be perfect for me, but I just want to understand well what this product does.

Thanks.

2. kevin

kevin Member

Have a look at this:

3cx.com/voip-gateways/GrandStream-HandyTone488.html - this link is no longer available, visit here: https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 kevin, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I guess that means yes, I didn't think to search on 3CX Website. Then I guess this is the perfect product I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot Kevin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.