• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PSTN line caller name & number display not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanyaolu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have few issues that i need help with.

My configuration are a follows;

I have the free 3CX PBX on WinXP Server
a Linksys SPA-3102 VoIP gateway
one Traditional Phone (PSTN)
a VoIP Provider SIP account
a DIDWW ibound number
a Grandstream 4 lines GXP2000 (HW1.2B)
a Dlink DIR-625 router

I set up 4 extensions, one on my laptop (3CX Client), one on Linksys SPA-3102 VoIP gateway (User 1), two on the GXP2000,

I set up one VoIP Lines

I setup one PSTN Line

I mapped my inbound DIDWW number to my VoIP SIP Account

I set up tunnel on the 3CX PBX

I am using a FQDN to reach my 3CX PBX Server.

The Dlink router Virtual server and firewall is setup to allow all ports thru and working okay.

No to my issues............

1st Senerio: All devices in my Local LAN. I can successfully call and recieve call on every 4 extensions. All extensios registered with 3CX PBX. Tunnels establised. When i used my cellphone to call my VoIP DIDWW number i recieved it as expected on my extension and it shows the CALLER DISPLAY. When i used my cellphone to call the PSTN number i recieved the call as expected however the CALLER DISPLAY shows the PSTN Extension number "10001" rather than the caller Number and name. HOW WILL I CONFIGURE THE PSTN RECIEVED CALLs TO SHOW THE CALLER NUMBER AND NAMES ? (if i conect my phone directly to the PSTN line i see the names and numbers).

ALSO, If i call out using the VoIP LINE i will line my DIDWW number to show as well as my Name. How will i configure the VoIP Line to send that info. When my route use the PSTN line it does showsmy name and number.

2nd Senerio: when i move my Grandstream 4 lines GXP2000 phone to the front of my DLink router (remote-extension) the extension registered and i can make calls from the phone however it will not recieve calls. When i move my laptop to the internet (remote-extension) it registered, can make and recieve calls. I try to install the 3CX client on my PBX server so that i can set it up as proxzy but it always crash hence i have to uninstsall it.

Last Question How can i recieve fax or does the free PBX version not support fax ?

Any Quick help will be appreciated.

I have got the same problem for months now. Have tried anything suggested on this forum. Also upgraded the SPA3102 firmware. Caller ID is always 10000.

To make it more complicated± a friend of mine has the same linksys, same telco (UPC), same settings, etc and caller id works okay.

Getting frustrated about it... :roll:

Greetz,
Chantal

As far as the 1st Scenario problem, set your PSTN Answer Delay in the SPA3102 config to something between 3-5. Some users can get away with just 3 seconds and the PSTN Caller ID will be passed through, however I have mine set at 4.5 in order to capture every caller's ID. Search the forums for "3102 Answer Delay" for more information on the Caller ID issues with the SPA3102. Basically, on phones the Caller ID is not passed through until between the 1st and second ring (at least on my phone at home). So, setting this delay will grab the Caller ID information.

With the second issue, can you please post some Status Log information when the extension is registered, the call is made, and the call is received? Thanks.

Lastly, the Fax->Email function of 3cx does not work in the free version. However, check out t.38 fax functionality in the forums regarding the spa3102. Search for 3102 Fax, or something along those lines. Fax is only officially supported by Patton and Audiocodes gateways, but I have heard of the Fax working.

I look forward to hearing back from you to follow up on these issues.

Thanks for the nice info and Sorry for not replying much sooner, My Server crashed and i never had much time to fix it until today. I have now set the PSTN Answer Delay in the SPA3102 config to 2 which it does not show the number ID. Then i set it to 3 which worked perfectly (i can see the number). To be save like you i have set mine to 4.5 as well.

Do you have any idea how to route a n incoming calle to an extension based on the Called number ID.

Example: if you call my DID number 555-555-5555 via voip provider to the 3CX PBX, i want those calls to be routed to my 3CX extension 1111

Thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.