PSTN line does not disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spec, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spec

Hi
    When I get an incoming call on the pstn line and the caller hangs up. The line does not disconnect for almost 2 minutes. What can I tweak to sort that???

PSTN line to SPA 3102 to pc with 3CX.

Thanks

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    is this happens enspite the extension hang up?
    please send more informations

3. spec

Yes both ends of the call have hung up in fact. If you can make calls and receive calls in any combination internally or externally with only one problem. This is if the call comes in from a PSTN line there is no hang up. If I place the call outgoing on the PSTN it hangs up fine internally it hangs up fine. Its only when a call comes in on the PSTN line. The caller and myself hangs up and in the status on the 3cx the PSTN line stays orange.

Thanks

4. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    Because spa3102 has a lot of settings ,best way ,reset to factory set and reconfig again

5. spec

If the PSTN line calls in it does not matter who hangs up first the line stays open. Have tried factory reset and copyed the 3cx setup. Still no good.

I have been reading it maybe something to do with the dial tone. What tone could this be 3cx or spa 3102 and where could I find the settings?

thanks

6. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello Spec
    This happen only if no goodbye sent to spa because of network
    the pstn port should be 5061 spa and 3cx

7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

If the disconnect doesn't happen when receiving a call on the PSTN, you need to look at the PSTN disconnection detection options on the SPA.

8. moon1234

Yes this is the key. If you have a butt set that you can listen in on a few test calls it will help. The key is the disconnect tone tones that are sent from the CO at the phone company. You will need to determine the proper cadence and program that into your ATA as the disconnect tone. There is usually a timeout value associated with this tone. Such as hangup after receiving this tone for two seconds. Usually the ATA will the common cadence values listed for your country. You can then cycle through those until you find the proper cadence.

9. NetworkLabs

This is not an issue with 3CX as it’s only responsible for the IP/SIP element. If you're deploying in a commercial environment you'll need more built-in intelligence than Linksys currently provide to fully solve this issue, you can play with CPtone to improve the situation but it'll never be perfect in all cases. All depends on the FXO gateway capabilities together with the options provided by the analog line service (country specific) This is one of the main reasons that we now only use Cisco for gateways. Some see Cisco as complicated, we prefer feature rich and flexible and it works great with 3CX!

10. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    if the call answered within sip system so sure it does not need any cpc or silent pstn detect
    it need a 'bye' sent to spa to end he call
    if 'bye' did not arrive to the spa3102 so the spa will need the cpc or silent detect to end the call
    and in this case there is something wrong forbiddance the 'bye' to arrive the spa3102

11. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Nope, you missed the OP's statement - the PSTN Caller hangs up, but the line stays open.

12. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    what is the op's statement

13. spec

I will get hold of the phone company and get the correct hang up tone and compare it to what’s on the spa

14. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

OP is original poster - e.g. spec who asked the question. The statement was

When I get an incoming call on the pstn line and the caller hangs up. The line does not disconnect for almost 2 minutes. What can I tweak to sort that???

15. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello all,
    If the external call established
    so it's between pstn ata and IP Phone
    any way when IP Phone hang up the call should be ended no matter the caller stay on the line or hang up or there is cpc or not
    so Galal202 are right

16. radcomp

The following seetings need to be added for australian and new zealand users

Click on the “PSTN Line” tab.
    The first thing that needs to be changed is under the PSTN Disconnect Detection heading.
    The following change is required:
    Disconnect Tone: 425@-30,425@-30;1(.375/.375/1+2)

17. lolorenz@hotmail.com

Resetting Size -> Done!

HI, you can find the code for dial tone and other tone (re-order, disconnect etc..) at this page http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kTone=40 you need only to select your country and switch to the SIPURA/LINKSYS coding and then copy the Frequency and cadence information in your device.

I'm going to create another thread with this address

Lorenzo

18. spec

Hi I eventually got the info from my provider.

This is what they gave me

350 – 450HZ (f+1-2HZ) @-13DBM not sure if that's where the f went

This is what's on the link at the mo

480@-30,620@-30;4(.25/.25/1+2)

Could some one tell me what I need to replace the link setting with as what they gave me does not look like the correct format

Thanks

Ps thanks for that link tied it and it came up with not found for jersey. It didn’t have hang up so I used disconnect tone instead I think that the same thing ???

19. Tugi2o

do you still have the problem?

20. spec

Yes still got the problem

Currently my linksys hand up line is set to 480@-30,620@-30;4(.25/.25/1+2)

My provider gave me this info in regards to hand up 350 – 450HZ (f+1-2HZ) @ - 13 DBM.

I don’t know what bits I need to use or charge.

Thanks for checking on me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.