PSTN Lines will not show as registered using MP-118

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Micro1, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Micro1

I have an AudioCodes MP-118 configured with 3CX. I can make outbound calls just fine, but no inbound calls will ring through. When I look at the Line Status in 3CX, all of the PSTN lines show not registered. What have I done wrong?

Any suggestions would be great!

2. Micro1

got it fixed

3. ess

ess New Member

If you have some time, please share how you fixed it so that others can resolve their similar issues.

Thanks!

4. Micro1

Still not working right

I got the inbound working...but now I cannot make an outbound call. The Gateway makes the call via the PSTN and connects, but the IP Phone keeps ringing like it has not be picked up.

Has anyone successfully implemented AudioCodes MP-118 with 8 PSTN lines for inbound and outbound calls? If so please help.

Thanks,

Mike

5. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Re: Still not working right

Is that on an inbound or outbound call?

6. Micro1

outbound call

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can the phone keep ringing when you make an outbound call?

Any manuals on this thing?

8. Micro1

The external phone (my cellular) that I am calling will answer the call normally, but the internal (IP Phone using 3CX) will not acknowledge that the call has been picked up and keeps ringing.

9. RobertKroll

I am having the same problem. It doesn't seem like it is a problem sensing the answer, but a problem sensing ANY sound on the line at all. I find if I make a call to my cell phone and answer it softly the softphone will keep ringing. When I shout "Hello", the system recognizes the activity and hooks the call. I tried altering some of the volume settings:

Voice Volume: 5
    DTMF Volume: -5
    Input Gain: 0

When I pushed the gain and volume up, the system heard the call better, but the outbound volume was WAY too loud for human ears. I have been testing this thing for hours and hours with very small progress. My next setting is going to be to enable digit delivery. After that passes or fails, I think I am going to see if I can change the parameters of the line detection settings on the pstn side. I am flying blind on this one...I wish there was SOMEONE or SOME MANUAL out there that had a few of these answers. I am in for THOUSANDS of dollars, and I am starting to seriously doubt if I am going to be able to deploy this in my business.

Furthermore, I spent a lot more money on the Audiocodes router because they recommended it so highly and it had such a great reputation! I actually had more luck with a SPA-3102 by Linksys when I tested it!

-BoB