• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PSTN problems in version 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

egustin

Reaction score
Hi,

I upgraded my 3CX Phone system from version 12.5 to 15. Now I have all updates installed and all except PSTN is working well, but with PSTN I have a lot of problems.
I am using Lynksys SPA-2102 PSTN for transferring alarm signal to the central. It was working fine for few years in version 12.5, without any problems. Now in version 15 is working for few days or a week. After this time, I always loose the connectivity with security center. The PSTN module is registered, it makes some calls for few seconds and then drop down the line. I have to use In-band DTMF and it is configured as should be – restored from backup. I tried to reconfigure extension, restart server, but the only way solve the problem is reinstall entire software.
The strangest think is that I installed new version 3 times and in was all three times the same think; worked for a week and then error. What is wrong? Why after few days and why always?
Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Elvis

Do you mean the SPA-3102? The 2102 is a two port ATA, no PSTN connectivity.

Those ATA's are usually pretty rock solid (other than the Linksys power supplies dying). Is the ATA local on the network, or at a remote location. Were the settings on the 2102 changed at all?

How are you using the device. You've mentioned PSTN a number of times, so I'm not cleat on how (other than just an extension, this is being employed.

Hi,

The ATA's are on local network in the same room. There was nothing changed on their configuration for a year. Actually, I restored the old 3CX system and it was connected in a moment. It is working again now on version 12.5.
How I am using it? I don’t know what to say – just an extension; it is just a “converter” between 3CX system and analog device on the other side. It is configured thru web interface as IP phone – nothing else. It is similar as fax. It is used for alarm central and the only function that need to do is make a call to our security center. But again, it works perfect with 12.5 and also with 15 it works without any problem for few days. And when is “not working” I can see that is registered, it makes a call for few seconds, but there is no response from center. They told me that is wrong DTMF (and it was not changed from previous call that works) but if I look into Phone system is configured correct.
For this is difficult to me to understand a problem. It just stops to work; in the middle of work. It happens three times till now and always in the same way.

egustin said:
it makes a call for few seconds, but there is no response from center. They told me that is wrong DTMF (and it was not changed from previous call that works) but if I look into Phone system is configured correct.

So...if I understand correctly, the issue is that when using a phone, on that ATA, you are unable to "interact" with a "service" using DTMF?
If that is the problem, then what type of trunks are you using? If it is a gateway, then the DTMF method may have changed, but not at the ATA end. As I recall, off the top of my head (and i may be wrong) , there was an "auto" setting for DTMF in the 2102. You may want to be sure that it isn't restricted to a single "type" DTMF" method. There may also be a need to confirm what DTMF method is set in the gateway, in the event a new configuration file was pushed to that device. It could be that audio DTMF is getting through, at times, but in reality, a SIP message should be telling the gateway to re-generate the DTMF tones to send out on the PSTN line.

Yes, you understand correctly.
There is the same SIP trunk as in version 12.5. It is local provider, configured manually, the settings are same as in previous version; backup and restore. It is not a Gateway trunk. All other phones connected via IP are working correctly. DTMF on SPA was set to In-band, so I think that setting was OK (picture).
Well, today is working again. I didn’t change nothing, but over the night I had connected my old system version 12.5.

Attachments

• SPA.PNG
    SPA.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 557
I would try changing the In-band, to Auto (first choice), or, perhaps INFO. If set to Auto then the DTMF method (in-band or AVT) will then be determined based on the Codec used. DTMF via audio is not always dependable when using some of the lower bit-rate Codecs. Out-of-band in much more reliable as it is sent via a SIP message. The default setting on the 3102 is Auto.

OK. I will try, but I have to wait few days that will fail.
Thank you for a suggestion. I will post the results.

Hi,

Tried to set to Auto and works till today and now failed again. I want to specify, that after settings a week ago nothing was changed, nothing restarted, absolutely nothing. It is just like usual; after a week won't work.
If I look into logs, I have one line that is in attachment (it is “temporary unavailable”, but the call duration is 8 seconds). And the call was made for 8 seconds. I can also see, that now calls are 8 seconds long, but when is working, the call is around 5 or 6 seconds.
Of course if I switch to the old system, all is OK without change any setting and if I leave old system up for few hours and then switch back to new system, will work normally for a week.
I don’t know what could be wrong. There is no logic.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 3cx.PNG
    3cx.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 496
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dozer302
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.