Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Public IP Address Change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joebocop, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joebocop

Hi,

We recently had the public IP address of our PBX change. At the moment, remote extensions can register and place and receive calls without any problem. The config file for 3cx app (windows/android/iOS) that is attached to newly sent "Welcome E-Mails" still contains the old, address, however.

I made the IP address change under "Settings --> Phone Provisioning", and have since rebooted the PBX, but even after doing that, new Welcome E-mails still send with attachment configs having the old public IP address, rather than the new one.

Is there somewhere else in 3CX Phone System for Windows that I need to be making the IP address change in order for it to be fully updated??

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

After changing your public IP in the PBX have you rewrite (update) all the extension config files?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joebocop

First, thanks for the help.

Second, no, I haven't changed any config files manually. Are you saying that it's a manual process? I had (incorrectly, it seems) assumed that the config files were generated by the 3CX Phone System server.

Where are those config files located?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

That is correct. The first time you create an extension a config file for that extension is created.
    After changing e.g. IP data, you have to tell the config file there is something changed.
    It is possible to change (update) all config files at once and very easy to do this:
    Go to Settings > Phone Provisioning, change “Enable Daylight savings time”, click Appy and then revert previous setting, click Apply, then OK.
    Now all extension config files are updated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. joebocop

That's extraordinarily helpful information, thank you.

I manually deleted all the XML files located at

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxxx\TcxProvFiles

I then re-sent a welcome e-mail (to myself, of course). The config attachment now contains the correct public IP address. Curiously, the <PBXLocalAddr> section now contains the OLD public IP address, rather than the (unchanged) private IP address.

What the?! Any ideas there?

Thanks again for the expertise; very much appreciated.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Is it possible to restore the deleted XML files?

Please re-check all IP-address (internal/external) in your PBX, then try again to update the config files as I describe in the previous post.

7. joebocop

Yeah, by "deleted" I meant "moved them out of that directory", so I just restored them all, no probs.

Now following your procedure.

Thanks again, I'll update.

8. joebocop

Just wanted to "close" this case. My thanks for the suggestion of changing the DST settings, then changing them back. This does, indeed, re-generate the XML files. Perfect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.