• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Public IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrefarah

Reaction score
i have downloaded 3cx as ii7 on windows server 2008 ofcourse,
i am able to make and receive calls but only on my internal network
when i connect from an outside network it will not let me connect to 3cx. however i did put the public ip address in the windows management console of 3cx under network then public ip.

i have also forwarded the necessary ports on my router.

if anyone could help me resolve this issue i would be thankfull

thank you

andrefarah said:
when i connect from an outside network it will not let me connect to 3cx. however i did put the public ip address in the windows management console of 3cx under network then public ip.

Do you mean that you are attempting to register an outside extension? If so, did you check the box in that extensions settings to allow it to register from outside the local LAN.

If you did that and are still having problems, please post the 3CX log showing the failure. You can X out part of your public IP, no sense in making it any easier for the hackers.

Hey leeger. Thanks for you reply

I am not trying to add an external extension .

But what I mean is that if I'm inside my local network at home and I try to call an extension that is also connected to the local network it works.
But if I'm outside the local network ( lets say im at the college or somewhere and try to make calls ( after pointing the 3cx iPhone app to the public ip ) it would not connect .

Anything outside your local LAN would be considered an external extension and would need to be setup as such. Having a public IP doesn't change that. you are still trying to connect from an IP that is not local.

You don't really "add" an extension as external, other than the option I mentioned previously.

An extension becomes external when it registers with an IP that is not a part of your local (home) LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.