• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Push Config Debug for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

adstock

Reaction score
Hello Community, first Post here, and fairly new to VOIP and 3CX

Just replaced my useless Grandstream PABX with 3CX, which I wish I had done sooner, and managed to get all my Grandstream making and receiving calls through OrbTalk Trunks, so feeling a little confident

Next stage was to configure the Goole API for Push Notifications to Android Phone, so created API Key and put details into 3CX and restarted the services. The instructions on 3CX goggle API are a little out of date, I suspect Google have changes things again, but I have a Project name and an API key.

After configuring I re-provisioned, and then deleted extension and reconfigured on 3CX to my Android HTC One_M8 Running Android Version 6.12.161.4. I am still get notice on the Mobile that Push is not configured.

3CX is unlicensed at the moment and I would like to get this working before making the licences purchase

I have checked the firewall and HTTPS is allowed outbound.

The software can register and show available and On-Hook when using 3/4G network and can make calls, and forward to the extension.

The issues is as soon as the phone locks the 3CX phone goes into unavailable, and I believe the Push systems will help keep the status available.

Any suggestions on how to debug the PUSH notifications system would be appreciated, as I have not found anything in 3CX logs or diagnostics

Regards
Adrian

Hello there,

Do you have presence when the phone is unlocked? is all working properly?
First thing i would do is try this with another device, if that fails also then re-create the google project to eliminate that issue in case something went wrong there.

If push is working, when the phone locks the app should state "Push enabled" in the notifications area. The app it self will disconnect when phone locks to save battery and will wait for the push notification to reconnect.

I paid for the newest version, was told on phone this was neccessary and upgraded to v15 a few months ago. I thought this went away, which it did for a few months. Now, I was told it is still happenening, and I confirmed it. The audio is still staying on and the android phone is HOT MIC'd with nothing on the app indicated anything except call ended. The other party from the previous call can hear EVERYTHING without the user's knowledge. Sorry you can't duplicate the problem, but it is still occurring! I am willing to bet many people aren't even aware this is happening. Also, we've confirmed this on multiple devices, and multiple builds of both 3cx AND the android app.

@Chadthomas1

Are you sure this post is meant for this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.