• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Push extensions not registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaker73

Platinum Partner
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that mobile client users only, no desk phones, push extensions, that previously stayed registered in the PBX, are now going unregistered at some point and cannot get calls until the app is opened again.

I found this in another thread:

"Please note that the Push functionality has changed slightly on SP6 and now an extension using push will eventually de-register if a client does not register to it. Setting the option "Ring my mobile simultaneously" will keep the extension registered but the PBX will try an outbound call every time."

What is this new behavior? If a user does not open the app for a period of time, it will go unregistered in the PBX, therefore not able to receive push calls anymore?

Not sure I understand this change. I have mobile push users in a queue. They do not make outbound calls and receive very few inbound calls. Today, after being closed a holiday, they are both unregistered therefore queue calls not sent to them.

Could someone explain this as it seems that unless you open and register the app once in a while, you lose your push availability and do not receive calls anymore. What is this time duration and why the change?

What is this new behavior? If a user does not open the app for a period of time, it will go unregistered in the PBX, therefore not able to receive push calls anymore?
This is correct as a device that registers to Push needs to register to the PBX regularly in order to stay registered. The Push registration will expire after 7 days. This was done as the way devices register to the PBX changed to improve stability and reliability of the Push service.

Hi, this change is real issue for our company where all users use iPhones with 3CX. Somebody use it only sometimes, but I need them to be able to received calls.
In previous versions, everything was working fine. Now, they are deregistering.
I will not tell managers to open 3cx app once per week.

I need it working as it was working - no deregister.

Hi, this change is real issue for our company where all users use iPhones with 3CX. Somebody use it only sometimes, but I need them to be able to received calls.

Seriously, your client can just open the app once a week. I don't think that's a problem.

I told my customers that they need to use the app for it to always work and they understand.

@Frederick Marcoux: It's something, what worked great till this last update, so why to change something, what works?
Another thing is that I don't know in how large environment you're, but if every employee has 3cx in phone, more than 50% will not open it manually once per week... they have it primarily for accepting incoming calls sometimes.
So, it's still a problem.

Agree~. There's no way we can force user to open the APP on their mobile. From system admin perspective, the only way to prevent user from complaining "it's not working", is to keep it registered !

Reactions: OpenedBy
Agree~. There's no way we can force user to open the APP on their mobile. From system admin perspective, the only way to prevent user from complaining "it's not working", is to keep it registered !

I understand why you feel this way. Some customers WILL be mad everytime the app doesn't work.

For my customers, they are aware that the app must be used for it to work all the time, as any iOS app. When they call me and say "it doesn't work" I feel like "have you tried turning it off and on again?".

Simply open the app once a week can work for a lot of people who are often on the road or out-of-office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.