Solved Push notifications not working

Discussion in 'iOS' started by robxbl69, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robxbl69

I've come to realise this week that push notifications are no longer working.

Myself and 2 other members of staff used 3CX on iOS extensively during the end of 2016 up until 1st week or so December. Last time I remember receiving a call was just after the version with call kit integration was released.

Since then something has changed or is broken. We've changed nothing (no change in network hardware etc) other than updated 3CX (system), 3CX client and iOS updates as prompted.

I've needed to use 3CX on iOS this week, but on all occasions push notifications are not working.

Anyone else have these problems?

Many thanks.

2. MRM

MRM

Hi Rob,

Did you try to resend the welcome email and re-provision using the config file?

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mark Anderson likes this.
  4. Paul Omans

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mark Anderson likes this.
  5. robxbl69

We're using PRO 15.0.60903.0, so it's not the V14 certificate issue. I'll resend the email and advise later.

6. Lev

Lev New Member

We also "still" have problems with push not working with our iPhones.
    We are using 3CX V14, the certificate has been updated on Feb 02.
    Several restarts have been done, no success :-/

7. Lev

Lev New Member

Update: Push started working again yesterday.
    I called my hosters support because of it.
    They claym, not to change anything on their side.
    I just did some restarts of all services.
    Then after a while it just started working again.
    It makes me happy, to work again, but it also feels bad, not to really know what the cause was. :-/

8. Dan McCabe

I am also, still having problems with the PUSH notifications not working. They have been down for weeks now and 3CX is unable to help me. Can someone please help? Here's is what we have tried.

-Installed IOS Push Update.
    -Uninstalled 3CX and restored with a back up.
    -Uninstalled the IOS app and reinstalled.
    - Sent New registering email. Reregistered phone app.
    - Manually replaced the Push Certificate in the cert folder for Instance1.
    - Restarted server.
    - Triple checked the Ports are all open on the Sonic Wall.
    - Turned off Windows Firewall. (Windows 10)

Let me know if I'm missing anything. Thanks in advance.

9. Mark Anderson

We are having this problem. Things were working around the beginning of the year and now they are not. If 3CX is open and has focus on the iPhone then calls will come through. When 3CX is in the background or the phone is locked we don't get anything. We can make calls. This was a really important, transparent feature and now it is unusable. We had the same problem when trying to set up an Android phone, but the Apple phones always worked flawlessly (or as close as you can get to flawless). Also the Android push notification was a lot more complicated to set up.

10. Dan McCabe

Hey Mark, I ended having to buy a different computer and load the software again from a new install and rebuild the system. They had to transfer the license to the new FDQN. Restoring from an existing backup didn't work for me. 3CX support basically gave the " We don't know answer" Meanwhile, I have 15-20 extension not working for over a month. Good Luck to you.

11. Mark Anderson

Hi Dan. Thank you for your quick response. I haven't heard anything back from 3CX. I am still trying to figure out where to go for support, our reseller or 3CX. We have the same number of users who were very happy with the iPhone client and now have given up using it. There was a post about an Apple certificate needing to be reinstalled, but the instructions point to a directory that doesn't exist. I am hoping that someone will step up to the plate and fix this. If anything works for us I will let you know.

12. Patrick Hogan10

Hi Mark. Maybe you should ask your reseller for support as well while waiting for any updates from 3CX.

13. Mark Anderson

Dan, Again thanks for your earlier response. What worked for us was copying the new Apple security certificate to the directory listed in this post: https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/v14-ios-client-push-certificate/ It would be nice if this were conveyed to us in some way or that our reseller was aware of the problem. If you haven't had any success yet give this a try. We once again have happy iPhone users of 3CX.

14. Mark Anderson

I didn't mention that they had several week to research this problem while I was on vacation. When back from vacation I sent them an email asking if it might be the Apple certificate and they said "it might be". So I guess that they did help in a way:)

15. Mark Anderson

Dan, I installed the certificate in the Instance1 folder AND the root folder above that (programdata\3cx\bin\cert\apple).

16. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Mark Anderson

Glad to hear your issue is resolved, would you mind sending me the ticket number in a p.m. so i can have a look at your case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.