• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PUSH notifications problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbrunsden

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

We have just ran through the setup for enabling PUSH notifications on the Android client.

Google API's looks okay and we have removed and re-added. Firewalls rules are also correct.

PUSH is showing Enabled on the lock screen, but we are not getting calls/messages through whilst the phone is locked.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to look for/change to get this to work?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We have tried creating a new Google API project, following those steps, but still the same issue.

Our 3CX system is not actually public facing, but we do have a valid connection to both the 3CX phone server using internal Wi-fI so we can ping the Google API address and our phones can connect out on port 443 to the Google API addresses as well.

Does the Google API need to be able to contact the 3CX phone server? Or is it just Outbound only from the phones and the 3CX phone system?

Excuse me but i did not understand if your 3cx server can access the internet. Can you ping the google API server from there?
The google API requires the public IP address the PBX is behind to authenticate you and push can work.
The PBX sends the push request to the Google API servers so without and active internet connection it will fail.
If you have a active internet connection from the PBX server have you re-provisioned the android clients after the new project was made? (send a new welcome email).
Also have you tried push using 3g/4g or only wifi?

The connection required is outbound as stated in the guide
In order to receive Push messages within a corporate wifi network, Android Phones must be allowed to connect outbound via TCP port 443 to android.googleapis.com. If 443 is blocked, ports 5228, 5229 and 5230 will be used.

Important: Google does not provide specific IPs, therefore the destination should be set to “any”.

Thanks for your advice.

We can ping the Google API's from both the 3CX and the Android phones themselves.

We connect to an internal Wi-Fi on the phones, so cannot test using 3G/4G.

Have also tried to re-provision after and also tested V15 BETA but still the same issues.

The phone itself is reporting PUSH is enabled but I can only answer calls when the App is open and "in focus" so to speak.

This can now be marked as resolved.

We have now added a public IP for the PBX and all is now working!

We have also managed to use the new Firebase Cloud Messaging, which appears to have superseded GCM as the new platform for Cloud Messaging at Google. The interface is slightly different, not sure how long Google will keep GCM running but might be worth noting so that the instructions can get re-written should you have to set up a Project purely through Firebase.

Thanks for all the help on this one.

I´m having the same problem, but i detect that is a phone problem, with ASUS... because my wife mobile it´s working perfectly.! Any one have another ideas!????

I am not familiar with the Asus software but make sure that notifications are allowed for the 3CX client. You should also exclude the 3CX client from any power saving options that might prevent the client from waking when a push message arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.