Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Putting things in management console vs custom templates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by tratz, Aug 30, 2017.

Putting things in management console vs custom templates 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. tratz

tratz New Member

Since there is a thread on what should be added to the management console vs custom templates. I will throw in my 2 cents on what i think should be added (not expecting everything to be :

• Ability to do multicast paging - This is normally biggest pet pieve. Touching 300+ phones is a royal pain in the neck to add in the paging addresses and priority when logging into direct to each phone and when the phone refreshes it loses the settings.
    • Ability to change /set multiple BLF keys on multiple phones at once - Again it can be done manually (the more phones to do it is more of a pain in the neck it is)or copy the template and hit reprovision.
    • Have the BLF keys do other features than listed - A good example is to set the multicast address for multicast paging. If using a cloud PBX having the multicast address listed there wouldn't be of any help and should be assigned to BLF key on a phone
    • Have the speed dial keys accept special characters in speed dial. I have an issue where i need to setup a DSS key for an executive that contains pauses. The only way to do that is either manually or from a template. With yealink phones and V81 it requires some macro programming for a fanvil it is the ^ symbol.
    • Ability to upload a company logo - For 3cx to give us the size requirements for the phones and the ability to upload a logo.
    • Ability to add phonebooks and work with what the manufacturer has - Yealink has the ability to add multiple phonebooks from each PBX. Fanvil has an XML phonebook
    • Some notifications on phones - Some staff wanted the missed calls and voicemail notifications on phones
    • VPN settings - Enabling the openvpn for phones (i understand in installing client certs to the phones but at least enabling the option)

--Tracy

Joe W likes this.
  2. Joe W

I would add in the ability to turn off the screensaver completely, at least for the T19. I was one of the people in that thread bring up mass changes like the BLF or Wallpaper. So I am all behind that.