Solved Q Button on Clients:Never Dependable

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bmcdevitt, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmcdevitt

Anyone else have the issue with the Q button on the softphones never being dependable. It works 85% of the time but that 15% really causes allot of problems when people thing they are logged into the queue but they are not.

3CX V 15 SP4
    Windows Clients Up To Date
    User clicks Q to turn it white and be logged in.
    Q turns white but user is not actually logged in.
    Manager has to go to switchboard/Queue manager and manually right click and sign user in.

2. livn46

My thought is that your users are probably members of more than one queue, and are sometimes logged manually out of one of their queues. 3CX remembers their last login state when that happens, and it can get confusing if you don't expect it. As I understand it, since there is no mechanism for selectively logging into one queue when hitting the Q button, 3CX lets the user or the manager manually log someone out of a queue if they didn't want to be in both. Once that's done once, 3CX assumes that is the way the user is supposed to be, so it will do the same thing the next time the Q button is hit.

See "Explicit (Selective) Login and Logout" on this page: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/managing-queue-status/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bmcdevitt

This is good to know as I have a handful of users that are in more than one Queue. However this is not the case for the 2 recent users that have been reporting this issue. They are both in one Queue (not the same one) and when selecting the Q button it changes colors. I would hope if something was overriding this it wouldn't display to the end user that the action they wished for is complete.

Now I have setup 2 BLF keys to log them in and out for now and these ALWAYS work. Why does the Queue button not do the same exact thing as dialing the log in and out command?

4. bmcdevitt

You know what, I just tried to dial the login and it did nothing :/ the problem is a little worse than I originally thought.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bmcdevitt

Please note that the Q button depends on presence. If the button does not work sometimes that indicates that you might have a problem with presence. Antivirus software and windows firewall are usual culprits for presence issues

6. bmcdevitt

Unfortunately Antivirus/Firewall can't be to blame if I dial login and log out codes from the physical phones and they don't change status either.. This is a 3CX System issue.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The only way an extension can not log in or out of the queues is if somebody explicitly logged a user out of a queue using the switchboard.
    Just replicated with 3 brands of phone and a 3cx client and log in and out of a queue works every time without fail either using the Q button or the dial codes *62 and *63.

8. bmcdevitt

Thats possible because right now that is the only way we can log a few of our members in. How do we have it behave like it was?
    IE:An employee forgets to log out and leaves the building. Manager Goes to switchboard and logs them out. What now? The employee comes in the next morning and just can't log in/out anymore? What can we do to give them control back.

Thanks

9. narkumas

narkumas New Member

This is a known bug. It happens when your 3cx client loses its's network connection and reconnects.
    not only the q Button is affected. Also presence selector does not work. You can check by looking at the call history: When the history list is empty, you have the bug and Q won't work. The client will properly reconnect after a while (sometimes).

Try out: disconnect network for a second and enjoy.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@narkumas
    What you are referring to is a different issue, and yes you lose connection you should restart the 3CX client to regain it. But when you lose connection you see no update in the presence. bmcdevitt devil cannot log in or log out from a queue even using the dial codes from an IP phone. So presence is not an issue.

@bmcdevitt
    Please note that if a user or a manager logs a user out from a specific queue then the next morning the user must open the switchboard, navigate to the queues he wishes to be logged in and right click on his name and log him self back in the queue. This way the sync will be restored.
    The explicit log out is intended so a user or a manager can log in or out of specific queues as the Q button or the *62 code is a universal command that logs a user in or out of all queues. One you explicit log in or out a user from a specific queue you need to explicit log that user back in or out so that sync will be restored.

11. bmcdevitt

@bmcdevitt
    Please note that if a user or a manager logs a user out from a specific queue then the next morning the user must open the switchboard, navigate to the queues he wishes to be logged in and right click on his name and log him self back in the queue. This way the sync will be restored.
    The explicit log out is intended so a user or a manager can log in or out of specific queues as the Q button or the *62 code is a universal command that logs a user in or out of all queues. One you explicit log in or out a user from a specific queue you need to explicit log that user back in or out so that sync will be restored.[/QUOTE]

Alright I was able to test this behavior and this explains everything and I was able to verify it works as described. I can make this work however for your other customers I would recommend you add this to the dev board to put something in place to make this easier to understand or get rid of it. Little stuff like this may seem like no big deal however when my end users loose faith in the phone system, every little problem gets reported as phone system issues like when people call in from cell phones and there is just static from the road.

I think this behavior should be removed completely and allow end users to log themselves back in and out even if a queue manager has taken control temporarily. End users should only ever have to hit the Q button, or *62/*63. I can't be teaching everyone to pull up the wallboard and log themselves in a 3rd way when the other 2 aren't working.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Ben

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been sorted and thank you for the feedback. Constructive feedback is always welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.