Q: How to transfer voicemail to another extenstion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3397premier, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3397premier

Situation: we disable users and need to transfer all their voice mail to their supervisor

Before: Before we used Digium phone system and able to transfer all user's voice mail to their supervisor extension without problem

Current: We have 3CX phone system, and didn't see the option to transfer their voice mail to their supervisor. I looked in 3CX manual and searched the forum but can't find my answer. I really appreciate your help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

After you have listened to a message, you will hear a number of options. Pressing 5 allows you to select an extension number to forward the message to.

or...are you talking about call forwarding options?

3. 3397premier

On the old digium phone system, we login to the console as an admin and access user's ext. > voicemail. In there we will see a list of few voice mail. All we have to do is select all and select ext. to transfer to

But on the 3CX, seem like it doesn't have that option to forward more than 1 voice mail to another extension. Thanks for your reply Leejor, the option you mention will work, but I have to listen and do 1 by 1 voice mail at a time. If it showed 10 voice mail for the users that mean I have to listen all 10 voice mail before I can transfer to another ext. I am not talking the call forward. Thanks for your help.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think, the way 3CX has it now, will suffice for the majority of users.

A user comes back to the desk, there are a couple of messages, perhaps one needs to be dealt with by another person, they forward it on.

You can always submit a suggestion, for a feature, to...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Or do a search, perhaps there is one in there already.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The idea of forwarding a group of messages would be good when an employee leaves or
    Is terminated and supervisor needs all the vms to ensure they are handled. You could give the supervisor the login details for myphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 3397premier

Thanks for your reply, so far we just give the login information to the supervisor to check the voice mail. It would be nice if 3CX has the option on the console or in 3CX myphone to forward group of voice mail to another users. Thanks for all your respond :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.