q-manager view - status on phone not updating

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bboydewil, Jan 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bboydewil

Can someone give me a hint, why the status is not updating properly please?

As you can see ext 129 is on external call for more than 1min and 40seconds, yet her status indicates green (not on phone), while ext 126 displays correctly.

Screen shot is from Windows Client 3cx, running on latest version sp v4.

upload_2017-1-30_17-15-39.png

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

This indicates that the call is not an incoming call from the SG call queue but rather ext 129 is making an outbound call, as seen under the caller section in the top part of the switchboard. As the call does not originate from the queue it will not be shown as a call within the queue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bboydewil

Hi Charles,

thank you for your time and reply. I see it is external call rather than incoming SQ call, however user does not have 'Accept multiple calls' active, therefore that status showing green is misleading.

Having 10 agents in queue, all dialing out, yet displayed as active is confusing for q-manager and one would expect the icon 'on phone' will be displayed. I am missing anything here?

Thank you

4. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Yes but as the call is not a call coming into the queue then the under the queue itself you are not going to see a change in status. Rather than monitoring the specific queue, choose the All queues. Multiple calls are not possible from queues or ring groups. in any case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bboydewil

I understand. Can I suggest that the green icon is changed to a phone icon if agent is on another call (meaning not a queue call, but external-out or internal call)? That way, q-manager can clearly see who is available to pickup or not within that queue. This could be an orange phone icon for example, blue would stay for incoming-queue calls and green can be showing online agents awaiting to pick up phone calls.

Based on feedback from sales teams, I believe this could help manage queue a bit easier.

thank you for your consideration and time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.