QR provisioning - QR code not displaying

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giorgiobusoni, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giorgiobusoni

If I try to follow the instructions to provision using QR codes, after loggin in the webclient, both going to settings - scan QR code or clicking on the account in the top right corner and clicking on scan QR code will result in no QR code displayed. In the first case, the page is empty below the text inviting me to open the app, in the second a new windows opens up with "scan QR code" but no QR code inside.

2. giorgiobusoni

3. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @giorgiobusoni

Do you have the same issue with other extensions as well? Or just with this extension?
    Are all other functionalities of the web client working ok?

4. giorgiobusoni

I have this issue wilth ALL the extensions on that server. We don't really use much the webclinet, but from a quick check other functionalities seem fine

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you using a supported browser(Chrome, Firefox)? If not, try accessing with a supported browser(updated).

6. giorgiobusoni

I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, all updated

Same browser shows QR code on another 3CX server

7. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try opening the webclient into an incognito window of the browser and let me know if this fixes the issue

8. giorgiobusoni

Thnaks for the suggestion, I tried, but it didn't. Same result. It is possible the installation (made by updating through the admin panel) is somehow corrupted? Or some required component missing?

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you disable a few chrome extensions that may be interfering with this? (Ad-block, weird extensions)

Did you try from another device/pc just to make sure whether it's an issue of the PBX and not your PC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. giorgiobusoni

Yes I tried also another pc with a clean browser (no extensions). Anyway, as I said, another 3CX server works fine with this browser. i really don't see how possibly it could depend on the browser...

11. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @giorgiobusoni

Can you please tell us if you have updated the system from a previous version? If yes, which one was the version of your first system and what is the exact path you followed for upgrading? e.g. from v 11 to 14 to 15.5

Also please create a new extension and try provisioning it with the QR code. What is the outcome??

12. giorgiobusoni

Yes, it was upgraded. I started using 3CX when it was version 9 or 10 I think. It was upgraded all along till 15.5. I don't remember the exact upgrade path. I will now try to create a new dummy extension and check if the QR code shows up. This I haven't tried yet

13. giorgiobusoni

It works with the new extension! Now it only remains to understand why it is not showing up with the old ones...I would prefer not to delete all extensions and add them back...

14. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @giorgiobusoni, thank you for coming back

The reason why the QR code does not appear on your extensions, is because that most probably you did not follow the supported path(as stated in our guides) for upgrading.

With that being said, i'm afraid that you'll have to delete your existing extensions and create them again if you wish to provision them using the QR code.

Regards

#14 IoannisM_3CX, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  15. giorgiobusoni

Well, if it is the only way, I'll do that.
    For minor updates I was always installing them from the management console when I saw them available. For major updates I was making the backup, unistall-install and restore. I'm not sure what step I missed.

IoannisM_3CX likes this.
  16. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Well..since we don't know exactly what was the upgrading path we cannot know where and how the exactly the issue has occur but what i could tell you is that you must have skipped a major release when upgrading.At least that's what this issue indicates.

Glad that we found a resolution for this though!

17. giorgiobusoni

Yes definitely it is possible I skipped one major release (14).

18. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@loannism_3cx

So this is not an acceptable response since 3CX documentation states you can upgrade from v12.5 to V15.5 which skips a major version.

@giorgiobusoni

Have you tried just opening the extension and then clicking 'Ok' to 'refresh' it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Since the exact upgrade path is not known we do not know which major release was skipped. What @Ioannis_M is suggesting is that this issue has been seen before when the upgrade path was not followed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.