QST Landline to Mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dblais, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblais

I have a landline and Internet at home.
    I have internet and a mobile phone at job.

I want to use my landline as phone line for my mobile phone though internet.

Exemple, when i get a call on my landline the call is send to internet to my mobile phone. My mobile phone ring. When i talk to my mobile phone, it's "talk" to my landline at home... Is clear? :S

Exemple, when i do a call to my mobile phone, it's in realty do a call from my landline.

Do you understand a little bit what i want?

Why? The goal? To use only a data plan on my mobile phone, also do get a call from a local number (my landline), also do do a local call from every where i have Wifi, internet...

Is it possible with 3CX and Cisco SPA3102 ?

Thank you!!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes this will work. As long as your mobile will run a SIP phone application.
    You would have to set up 3CX PBX on a PC at home. Use the 3102 as a trunk into 3CX. You can rund an extension from the FXS port as well.
    Run the 3CX phone (iPhone or Android) on your mobile, (or another SIP phone App) as an extension from your 3CX PBX set-up at home.
    You can either use the 3G mobile plan on your mobile (if your provider allows it), or a WiFi connection.

You would not be using the mobiles phone number, just the data plan or WiFi.

3. dblais

Cool! I will try this :).

Now i try to find a way to get the phone even if i'm not on a wifi or 3g connection. Is possible to the 3cx system to check if i'm online on the system (my mobile is powered and i have internet)? If the mobile phone is not on internet , i want that the call is transfered to my real mobile phone number.

I dont know if 3CX can test this and how to transfert a call if i have only one landline.

Thank you!
    David

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can send calls to your mobile number too. That requires having two trunks into 3CX, one for an incoming call and one to forward the call back out to your mobile.
    This also involves sending the call to your mobile phone number. You had originally said that you only wanted to use the data-plan. If you forward a call to your mobile number, the it will use your mobile plan minutes.

The only way to use just that data-plan is to install a SIP application on the phone and register it as an extension off of your 3CX.

To see if this will work, I would first install a SIP app on your phone (you don't say what type you plan to use). If that succeeds, then move forward.

As I said previously...using SIP over your providers 3G network relies on then allowing it. You may want to post your mobile providers name to see if other have had any experiences with them

5. dblais

Thank you for your reply!

Well i should say, i want to use the data plan only when it's possible. Otherwise, i will use a "pay by minute" price $$$. To be sure, if possible, to dont loose a call.

I'm a newbie... When you say i need two trunk, this mean i will need two landline? (with two cisco 3102 or a dual...). There is no way to do a "transfert" to the incoming call (one landline). Like "sorry, i'm not avaiable. Try to call this number". Humm saying that i think is not possible because it's like forcing someone to do a call...?

So i need two landline to ack as gateway from my first landline to the mobile line passing by the second landline ? Correct?

My mobile provider is Bell in Canada.

If the compagny does not permit it, is just a "rules" that we must fallow or it will just not work? I mean, does the provider have the possibility to "block" automaticly this data?

Thank you.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, if the call has to go out to your mobile phone number, then it requires a second phone line. It doesn't have to be a |PSTN line, it could be over a VoIP line. That way you would not have to buy a second 3102. That may also mean that the original caller ID could show up on your phone. That would require the VoIP provider allowing that, many don't and the call you receive would show the number assigned to the second line.

As I said, if you only use a SIP application on your mobile phone, then it would appear as an extension (off 3CX) and would not require a second trunk (phone line) as the call would go out over the internet to your phone. I don't think you will have a problem with Bell Mobility but it would not be hard to verify once you install 3CX on a PC and a SIP App on the phone. At that point you should not be out any $$$. You could see how that works out for you before investing in a second phone line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.