Quality/Delay issues. Sydney AWS Perth Location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ModRevival, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ModRevival

Hi guys.

I've been struggling trying to get our locations 3CX setup working well. Our configuration is below:

Latest version of 3CX running on a AWS EC2 instance in Sydney
    Elastic IP and ENI

VoIP Trunk : Nodephone. PBX does not handle audio. G711/aLaw

SBC: RPi3 Debian
    Router: Draytek 2925AC
    2 x ADSL lines

4 x Yealink T42s handsets. G711 aLAW. PBX does not handle audio.

Everything works, its just there is a significant delay and some stuttering. When I register a handset directly to my VOIP provider it works great.

I did a packet capture using 3CX and with my limit Wireshark reading abilities it seems that all RTP traffic goes from the extension to the SBC to the VPS and then to the VOIP provider.

Is there anyway I can force the extensions/SBC communicate directly to the VOIP provider, or is local hosting of 3CX my only option being in Perth?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ModRevival

Please make sure that you can pass the firewall checker to eliminate any firewall issues. Then enable PBX delivers audio and try again.
    You can also try using G729 as codec to see if that makes any difference. When phones are behind the SBC audio from the provider will have to pass through the PBX and then through the SBC.

3. ModRevival

Sorry for the long delay I've been away.

Firewall checker on the Sydney AWS passes fine. I'm not sure what PBX delivers audio would do if all SBC connections go through the PBX regardless?

I think the issues are coming from the long geographical latency from going Perth-Sydney-Adelaide-PSTN network back to a Perth land line. Across a continent and back.

Is onsite hosting my only option since there are no supported VPS providers in Perth? Or does anyone know a way to let handsets RTP directly with the VOIP provider.

I just seem to be reading a lot of contradicting advice, some say use PBX delivers audio some say not. Some say G729 will cause issues some say it is the best.

I'd rather not host onsite especially if I have to risk having my NIC limit breached if I have to move the software onto different hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.