Quality of voicemail prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coatline, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coatline

Does anyone agree with me that the quality of the default English voicemail prompts is pretty poor?

3CX - have you considered getting a native speaker of English record the prompts - it doesn't give a great impression of a company when people call voicemail boxes and the prompts sound so amateurish.

I realise that people are supposed to record their own prompts, but invariably they don't, and then callers think they have got through to the wrong company, because of the thickly accented message asking them to leave a message. I'm thinking of prompts like those used on the old Octel Aria-based systems, which gave a very professional impression to the calling party.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We think the quality of the voice prompts is generally good and the custom voice mail prompts are reasonable. No, its not a US accent, but why would it have to be?

V7 will ship with a completely new set of UK english prompts.

However, we will consider outsourcing development of a new set of US prompts to a company that is able to professionally develop them for a fair price. If anybody is interested and has someone with the right voice please contact us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.