Question about 3CX Assistant INI File

Discussion in 'Windows' started by csa452, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csa452

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a PowerShell script that would automatically generate INI files for the 3CX assistant based on user input. So, for example, if the script asked what the user's extension will be and the person types "3024", it will automatically put that in the INI file. What we plan on doing is having these INI files stored on the network so that each time someone logs into their computer a batch file sees what the username is and automatically downloads their custom INI file so that if users are switching between computers it will always have their profile. Anyway, the problem I'm running into is one of the values in the 3CX assistant INI file (C:\documents and settings\User\Application Data\3CX Assistant\data\config.ini) is the PIN number used by the software. It looks like it's obfuscated or encrypted in some way. So for example my PIN is 1010, but when I look in the file it reads as:

Code:
    AuthPIN=0bacf832cab29443
    So, if our script asks the technician "What will the person's PIN number be?" and they type in 1010, it will put "1010" in the INI file, rather than in the above (correct) format. Any ideas as to how this is being hidden, and how I could get around this obstacle?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Why not use ProvisioningURL

this will then work fine, all you need to do is do a script to put in the correct ProvisioningURL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Unfortunately this is information we cannot divulge. The Pin is encrypted for good reasons.
    As David mentioned, it would be best if you tried the same thing with the provisioning path.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.