Question about call routing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonshave, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonshave

I've configured 3cx with a connection to InPhonex (sip provider) and also a connection to my OCS server.

I'd like to make calls from OCS through to InPhonex using the SIP trunk and DID I own.

Do I need to add a DID in 3cx for this?

What happens at the moment is that OCS will ring 3cx and apply the inbound call routing rule to send it to a 3cx user extension. I want the OCS call to go out to InPhonex....

2. Henk

Henk Member

You probably need to setup OCS as an extension in 3CX so it is not seen as a incomming call route but as an extension.

I have not used OCS, but why not use it to dial out to your ISP and by pass 3CX for out bound call routing?

What is it you try to do with 3CX or OCS, both can do similar things is it not?

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thona

OCS and 3cx does not work at the moment.

Ther are two main issues:

* 3cx routing in general is a little weak for ocs
    * In particular, there is no support for trunking with ocs - you can not say that a specific ip address should be treated as trusted and an extension of the phone system.

3cx in general is a nice voip pbx, but not a sip component for an enterprise architecture, yet - as such, cooperation with other sip "hubs" (mediation servers etc.) is just not really in.

if of whether this will be supported - you have to ask 3cx. I sometimes hear "in the next version", and then i read nick's blog and he seems to be agressive hostile towards ocs.

4. Henk

Henk Member

OCS is pretty much "competition" Microsoft also is not really consistent with the SIP stuff.

Hence the question why use both?

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Thona

Because OCS is no competition.

OCS is a nice communication endpoint within an enterprise. It's functionality is limited, phoe ad SIP wise,to what it needs to work as customer facing side. And there it just works.

3cx is a pbx, in case yo u have not recognized and has a lot of advanced functionality there.

They are not more in competition than 3cx is in competition with my mobile phone.

6. Henk

Henk Member

Gosh... i had not noticed that.

Let me put it this way,

OCS can do things 3CX does, and 3CX can do things OCS does in particulat in the SIP and call routing architecture.

Now if you and your neighbor both sell milk, would you say you have each a market share of the same market? If so would you consider your neighbor part of the competition....... hmm tough one really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.