Question about extension numbers over bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisPriest, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Hi All,

I apologise if this has been asked before, but I can't really find anything that explains it.

On a local installation, using our Aastra 57i handsets, when a call comes in, you see the name and the extension number of the person calling you. Thats perfect, just as it should be.

However when an internal call comes in via the bridge, you see the person's name, but you see the Bridge virtual extension number instead of the person who called you, this makes calling them back incredibly difficult if you don't have their extension number to hand.

So if a Call comes in from extension 2203 which is over the bridge, it has a name of "London Dungeon", on my handset, I see 'London Dungeon' on status line 1 and 10002 on status line 2, 10002 being the bridge's virtual extension number.

If an external call comes in via the bridge, we see the CLIP of the external call when it comes over the bridge, thats great, that works as expected too.

Looking at the SIP INVITE being sent, all of the necessary information is there in the packet, The name being sent in the Remote-Party-ID header and the extension number in the From header.

Is this a restriction inside 3CX or could it be the Aastra 57i's firmware that handles these fields differently?

Any insight to this would be good and even a workaround as it's really cheesing our users off.

Best Regards
    Chris

2. purvis

I believe you have to set the SIP ID field in the "Other" tab of the Extension properties. If this field is left empty, you will see the bridge ID, but if it is set, then the bridge will pass on whatever you have in this field.

3. ChrisPriest

Hi Purvis,

Many thanks for the response, unfortunately this is already set and I still see the Bridge ID.

Cheers
    Chris

4. ChrisPriest

Actually, if you enter the number into the Outbound Caller ID field, it works :)

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Enter the number in the 'outbound caller id' where? in the extension? if the extension, this is filled in with his DID #. I don't want to show the DID number in the Bridge call. I want to see name and extension. if I put his extension in the 'outbound caller id' of the extension then outbound calls do not see his DID number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netswork

netswork Active Member

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I have a meeting with a customer this afternoon over this issue. We have 5 locations bridged all with Patton 4970's at each location. Some locations have the need to display their DID when calling outbound through the patton. So when they call across the bridge it shows their DID rather than their extension.

Patton support told me to put their extension in their outbound number under other and then set the caller ID on the gateway, but that limits us to only one number shown on outbound calls. If anyone knows of a way to show the users extension over the bridge but show their DID when making an outbound call it would be a life saver for me right now.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. netswork

netswork Active Member

3cx support verified that this is not possible right now.

Please vote on this idea so we can get a solution for this

https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=385

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

voted months ago... hopefully v12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.