Question about hardware for Wallboard SOLVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3397premier, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3397premier

We would like to have big screen for each department to view the wallboard for their queue. I called 3CX and talked with one of the sale person. He said the only way to setup wallboard that way is setup another PC with big screen LCD/Plasma probably 60" or 70" for each dept. to view the wallboard for their queue. I wonder do any of you have different way to setup wallboard for your dept. Really appreciate your sharing comment, thanks.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Re: Question about hardware for Wallboard

That seems to be most logical way.
    You could set up low budget appliances in your server room and run video over cat-5 with appropriate adapters.
    That way the login is done by you. I think wallboard now uses the global system login.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tom_ch

Recently we installed a big screen for Digital Signage.

I don't know what size it has, but it has an integrated Computer with an Atom-Processor
    and Windows 7 as operating system.

The screen ist from DataDisplay Solution: http://www.datadisplay-group.com/digital-signage/monitor-technologies/pc-based/

Sureley it can be used for the wallboard, too.

4. 3397premier

Thanks for your quick reply. The wallboard does use web login now, and we need 4 screen total, 1 for each dept. So probably we'll setup each pc and screen for each dept :). Thanks Tom for the Digital Signage, we will look into that to see if it cheaper compare to buy another PC and the same screen size. Have a good day.

5. millsey

millsey New Member

We used Linutop devices in Kiosk mode, very easy and stable;

http://www.linutop.com/

Millsey

6. 3397premier

Complete setup :)
    So we end up buying 55" LED TV $900, and netbook $259. We hang on the wall and remote into the notebook using Altra VNC apps, everything work good now. Thanks for all your help :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.