Question about implementing call park feature

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ingram, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ingram

I'd like to use the call park feature of our 3CX server with our SNOM 760 phones. Ideally, we'd like the hold button on the phone to put a call in park, but I don't think this is possible (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Just to make sure I understand this right, using the default dial codes, while on a call, I can just press *0 to place a call on park. From another phone, I can press *1 to pick up this call. Is this correct?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

From the administration manual (http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf), page 85:

Dial Code Description
    *0 - Parks a call. While on a call, click on the Transfer button and dial *0 followed
    by the parking slot. E.g. to park the call in parking slot 1, dial *01.
    *1 - Picks up a parked call. E.g. to pick up a call parked in slot 1, dial *11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ingram

Sorry, but I don't have an environment where I can test this, but while in a call, I press *0 to place a call in park.
    Ok, so the caller I'm placing in park, won't they hear 2 tones while I press the buttons? Is that correct? Is there a way to not make them hear "Beep" "Beeeep" during this process?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

All you can do is try it... but it is *0x for the parking place.
    I am guessing Snom is not supported?

We are on Yealink and just program SP1, SP2, etc in the BLF's as Shared Park buttons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When using a star code, it is "customary" to dial them when you have dialtone. To get that when on a call usually requires a hook flash (or flash/recall key), or the transfer key. this way you are not dialling them in someone's ear and 3CX understands what feature you are attempting to implement. If operation of the flash key (transfer button0 can be stored on another key, along with the star code, then the feature could be implemented with a single key stroke. Call park, however, may require that the parking orbit number varies with each use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.