Question about Inbound Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by livn46, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livn46

I wanted to make an "inbound rule" that would handle a certain incoming phone number a particular way. It doesn't seem to work like I was expecting. If you click "Add DID", change the "Inbound Rule type" to "Caller ID number/mask" and type in the phone number that shows in the caller ID of the caller, why doesn't that seem to work? I put an asterisk at the beginning, so it would match it even if it was preceded by a "1" or something. Nothing I did seemed to make a difference, so maybe the "Caller ID number/mask" means something different from what I'm thinking?

I'm on v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I set my inbound rule name to some named rule I could identify in the logs.
    The Inbound Rule type is Caller ID number/mask
    Value was: *<mycellnumber>
    From there I changed the action to identify it would trigger the rule and later changed the mask to "not" be my cell number to verify it only triggered for my number (not a false trigger..).

Worked fine.

The only suggestion I have is.. rule orders matter.. put it nearer the top.
    Aside.. if the rule is triggering, you'll see it in your activity log. The call from my cell phone.. when it was configured to trigger.. would show that "Inbound rule name" text in the log accordingly.

3. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi,

3cx treat rules order as priority,send this rule to the top of the list and it should work fine.

If it is in the bottom, there is probably another rule on top tgat matches and override because it is found first.

Please update us if it works fine, the most excludent rule should be always on top .

Good luck

4. livn46

Yes, that seems to have done it, thanks! I didn't think of the order of execution.

However, with 6 pages of inbound rules (one for each DID) and new rules get put on the bottom and the only way to move them up is clicking "Move Up" one at a time, this will take awhile. I may edit the rule on top and re-make the original at the bottom of the list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.